2018 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

Was David Dahl a favorite of Soxtalk when he was in the minors ? I seem to remember hearing his name a lot. He's been tearing the cover off the ball lately. I heard something on the Rockies broadcast today I really liked hearing about him.

He was choking up a little on 2 strike counts and doing so well he decided to always choke up slightly and has really taken off since then.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

It just occurred to me in another thread that in this current signing period, Sox can only spend up to $300k on a player so they won't be in the sweepstakes for either brother.

However...the money the White Sox have still remaining can be traded, so we may not be able to sign a player who is signing this year, but we can trade that money to a team that wants to make him a better offer. 

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

However...the money the White Sox have still remaining can be traded, so we may not be able to sign a player who is signing this year, but we can trade that money to a team that wants to make him a better offer. 

Let's start looking for interesting pieces we can take off their hands.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, pcq said:

Word is The Tribe financial plan may involve moving veterans for the right offers. In other words losing some veteran talent in MLB's worst division ever would not keep them out of first place. 

As long as they have that pitching and two stars they’re going to be tough to knock off.

Their bullpen is a huge question mark now.

Who in their right mind is going to overpay for Encarnacion?  There might be a market for Gomes, but they already dealt their best catching prospect last year in Mejia.  It will take auctioning off Kluber for me to believe they’re actually serious about rebuilding...because you’re going to get deals like the ones for Sale, Eaton and Q that more often that not go bust with young prospects involved.