2018 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 07:55 AM)
Schwarber went 0/4 with 3 LOB and 3k, Heyward replaced him in the lineup and went 0/3 with 3 LOB and 2k(and the 3 LOB was a bases loaded DP). Yikes

Surprised Schwarber started against a lefty. I think soon, Happ will move to left against lefties with Schwarber on bench.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 12:22 AM)
He's a better than AAAA hitter, but his fielding is just...yikes.

He'd be good in the AL, for sure. He can rake.

Yeah that career OPS of .809 and BA of .224 is really raking.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 12:22 AM)
He's a better than AAAA hitter, but his fielding is just...yikes.

He'd be good in the AL, for sure. He can rake.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:36 AM)
Yeah that career OPS of .809 and BA of .224 is really raking.

Guy should only play against righties.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 09:24 AM)
Guy should only play against righties.

I don't know if it's Theo's man crush or what, but for an organization that prides itself on following splits, playing to the averages, and putting their players in the best position to succeed, they sure seem to ignore all of those things when it comes to Schwarber.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 12:08 PM)
I don't know if it's Theo's man crush or what, but for an organization that prides itself on following splits, playing to the averages, and putting their players in the best position to succeed, they sure seem to ignore all of those things when it comes to Schwarber.

Yeah I thought it was weird when Happ sat against the lefty. Zobrist for Heyward makes sense but at least Happ is a switch-hitter and better defensively than Schwarber. I figured it would be more of a Schwarber/Almora platoon with Happ in LF against lefties.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 08:12 PM)
See Atlanta Braves' fans after their championship in the middle of that playoff run...there's just not that fascinating angle of how many years they can go without winning it all, Lovable Losers, the Curse of the Goat, 1969, Brant Brown, Bartman, etc.

Agreed. 2-3 years ago was the first time we had seen some of these prospects and the allure was enticing. Just like any prospect, we are seeing what they truly are a couple of years later. Good power but there's a LOT of swing and miss in that lineup.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 10:25 AM)
Agreed. 2-3 years ago was the first time we had seen some of these prospects and the allure was enticing. Just like any prospect, we are seeing what they truly are a couple of years later. Good power but there's a LOT of swing and miss in that lineup.

Yeah Happ probably shouldn't be leading off or playing CF. I think they'll send him down eventually.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 10:25 AM)

Yea it’s possible that Russell, Baez, Schwarber, Almora and Happ arent’t major league players. Contreras seems legit.