2018 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

The cubs have one day off over a stretch of 30 days, i think this goes a lot further than "got in early in the morning and had to play"

If the Sox were in the Cubs position, and the division race was getting tighter, i would absolutely want this game delayed/postponed/shit canned.  Doesnt hurt to cry about it and hope you get a favor.

Many teams go through long stretches and it happens more when the weather is bad.  I am not amused.

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The cubs have one day off over a stretch of 30 days, i think this goes a lot further than "got in early in the morning and had to play"

If the Sox were in the Cubs position, and the division race was getting tighter, i would absolutely want this game delayed/postponed/shit canned.  Doesnt hurt to cry about it and hope you get a favor.

Cubs were off last Friday and Sunday...not in typical fashion and had a double header Saturday but they had two off days

The one day trips to Atlanta and now Washignton are pains in the ass but with expanded rosters that mitigates it some.

Why is Bryant starting in the outfield and why is wellington castillo in the outfield in a close game.  

Joe again looking to provide he is the smartest man in baseball. 

Edited by Harry Chappas

• 2 weeks later...

I know people made this a meme about the "no fighting in the bleachers guy" but how bad does Cubs security look here overall? Not only do they look overmatched/incompetent but then in the couple viral videos that are circulating they are more worried with attacking the guy taking video than the people fighting. Surprised this hasn't been a bigger deal to be honest.

2 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I know people made this a meme about the "no fighting in the bleachers guy" but how bad does Cubs security look here overall? Not only do they look overmatched/incompetent but then in the couple viral videos that are circulating they are more worried with attacking the guy taking video than the people fighting. Surprised this hasn't been a bigger deal to be honest.

I mean they are literally dragging out the targets of the racism, while the racist moron shouts racist phrases at them, and no one bothers him except his buddy.  You can't do any worse here.

• Like 1

I have to laugh at these Cub fans who think the sky is falling.

They still have the best record in the National League, and there is almost NO WAY they're going to miss the playoffs.

I've seen a lot of baseball over the past four decades, and in a majority of cases (`05 Sox), teams who limp their way into the playoffs tend to get really hot once those playoff games begin.  In other words, the fact that the Cubs are playing like crap right now might actually be a GOOD thing.

16 hours ago, Donaldo said:

I have to laugh at these Cub fans who think the sky is falling.

They still have the best record in the National League, and there is almost NO WAY they're going to miss the playoffs.

I've seen a lot of baseball over the past four decades, and in a majority of cases (`05 Sox), teams who limp their way into the playoffs tend to get really hot once those playoff games begin.  In other words, the fact that the Cubs are playing like crap right now might actually be a GOOD thing.

I don’t see much “sky is falling” at all.  Most Cub fans, like you, have been repeating these talking points all year about why there is no reason to worry or interrupt their post -2016 victory lap, despite the fact they are without a top starter, key bullpen piece, have a starting shortstop who will miss the playoffs because of suspected criminal activity, aren’t playing particularly well, etc.  Im seeing no shortage of confidence or “benefit of the doubt.”  We’ll see how all that works out. 

If if they lose early, it may well be that these Cubs have actually just become too good for the playoffs.