2018 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

5 hours ago, Nokona said:

Baez sparks a bench clearing when Joe Musgrove...slides in at 2nd....

You can't make it up with these 

The supposed smartest player in baseball wasn't smart enough to realize that if he had just attempted a throw to 1st, he would have drawn an automatic double play. But instead, he holds the ball, making the slide of the runner irrelevant. And besides, if you watch the video, the only contact between the two guys is made when Baez comes down from his hop and lands on Musgrove. Musgrove didn't even hit Baez on the slide, he merely caused Baez to jump out of the way, which is what you should do when you don't plan on completing the play.

That looked like a pretty late slide. Musgrove is lucky he didn't hurt himself, let alone Baez. If that was Rizzo sliding into second, I'd probably feel like it was a dirty slide.

Not sure what Maddon's laughing about, but  he remains my least favorite Cub. He's just ahead of Baez and Rizzo (who I've heard is actually really approachable). There's always been something about Rizzo I didn't like, though.

So the pitcher who is pitching very well will try a take out slide instead of just drilling someone.

Baez could be the biggest douche in baseball in quite some time and the cubs are quietly becoming very unlikeable.  Joe Maddon really believes he is the smartest man in the room.  At some point soon I think he wears out his welcome there. 

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

And that's the night the Cubs clinched their 4th straight division title.  We can only hope the Sox rebuild is close to that successful.

Pretty sure it was clinched when Milwaukee went cheap and didn't sign Arrieta this offseason.

8 hours ago, fathom said:

Pretty sure it was clinched when Milwaukee went cheap and didn't sign Arrieta this offseason.

They're actually 6th in team ERA with all those no name starters they have.  It was probably clinched when they scored 2 runs total in that 4 game series at Wrigley. They need every win in the standings they can get and they gave up all 4.

Just now, fathom said:

I could only imagine how Hawk would react if Sox got screwed by umps strike zone like Dodgers are today vs Cubs. He's missed close to ten pitches already and it's in the 5th

I've been having fun checking the @CubsUmp on twitter and seeing how incredibly slanted the zone has been for the Cubs. Chatwood only has 5 BB, but he should have at least 7 or 8.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I've been having fun checking the @CubsUmp on twitter and seeing how incredibly slanted the zone has been for the Cubs. Chatwood only has 5 BB, but he should have at least 7 or 8.

And Maeda got squeezed. Even some of the Cubs AssLicking Society on twitter is admitting this umpire is killing the Dodgers.