2018 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

Just now, fathom said:

Or they're just going to bench Russell, who has almost as many kids as he does home runs.  

That's the logical move but given that he's "the best shortstop in Chicago and it isn't even close, and also a top 5 shortstop in baseball and if you think otherwise you're an idiot" according to the typical Cubs fan, I would still be surprised. I feel like they could've already replaced him with Baez at SS, Bote at 3B, Happ at 2B, etc.

Murphy has a great bat, but besides the last few weeks, their offense has been good and their defense absolutely great.  He's a huge downfall in terms of up the middle defensive ability.  With that said, I don't know why the Rockies didn't claim him to play first base.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Murphy has a great bat, but besides the last few weeks, their offense has been good and their defense absolutely great.  He's a huge downfall in terms of up the middle defensive ability.  With that said, I don't know why the Rockies didn't claim him to play first base.

The Rockies not claiming him is downright dumb. He would be way more valuable to them than he will probably end up being to the Cubs.

Edited by TheTruth05

47 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Oh, I see. Between Chapman, Russell, and this, I'd imagine they should be used to this sort of thing by now. Clearly, off-field conduct and comments are not of any importance to the organization.

IIRC, a good number of Cub fans were mad at the Chapman signing.  Now, Russell is a little different because he had trouble after being traded.