2018 AL Central catch all thread

southsider2k5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 6:23 PM, caulfield12 said:

Indians’ season ticket holders are filing a class action suit against the Sox, Tigers, Royals and Twins for fielding non-competitive teams “not in the best interest of the game.”

Somewhere, Greg approves.

Goodness, Cleveland did not fare well in the playoffs. I didn't watch an inning of the series, but have to wonder if their fans are furious following the 3-0 rout. Geez, Cleveland got smoked.

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Goodness, Cleveland did not fare well in the playoffs. I didn't watch an inning of the series, but have to wonder if their fans are furious following the 3-0 rout. Geez, Cleveland got smoked.

greg775- Great to see you back, I am very new to this site and have posted a  few times, but I respect your views, you want a team you can respect and enjoy rooting for which we have not seen  and won't for a long time. Welcome back.

22 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Indians have some solid pieces but they really aren't that good. I read somewhere they were around .500 when not playing the shitty AL Central teams.

The Indians were 2nd in MLB in fangraphs-WAR to the Yankees, with 60.7. They've put up nearly 60 WAR each of the last 3 years. They had some extra losses this year because their bullpen foundered, but that's still an absolutely loaded roster. 

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Indians were 2nd in MLB in fangraphs-WAR to the Yankees, with 60.7. They've put up nearly 60 WAR each of the last 3 years. They had some extra losses this year because their bullpen foundered, but that's still an absolutely loaded roster. 

Is that stat not inflated because of the shitty teams they play?

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

As many others have pointed out, this stat as many others counts for good and bad teams. Determine this stat against only top 10 teams or against the top 20 pitchers in the game. This is when stats may really mean something for post season performance.