2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 09:53 AM)
Forbes Magazine said that the White Sox will have $260 in yearly revenue in 2018. The Sun Times said the White Sox team payroll (which is 28th in MLB) for 2018 will be $60 million dollars. JR and his investors are laughing all the way to the bank with this dismal team.

Good for them.

I wish that my investments were as successful.

Imagine the profits if fans actually showed up on a regular basis.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 08:53 AM)
Forbes Magazine said that the White Sox will have $260 in yearly revenue in 2018. The Sun Times said the White Sox team payroll (which is 28th in MLB) for 2018 will be $60 million dollars. JR and his investors are laughing all the way to the bank with this dismal team.

Talk to me in 2021 when we're selling 32,000 tickets per game and the payroll's up past $175 million.

• Like 1

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 08:57 AM)
Good for them.

I wish that my investments were as successful.

Imagine the profits if fans actually showed up on a regular basis.

JR has said numerous times that the franchise has always been more profitable with low payrolls/losing teams.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 09:00 AM)
JR has said numerous times that the franchise has always been more profitable with low payrolls/losing teams.

Since you repeat this over and over, I would like you to find this quote so i can read it in context of what he is saying

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:05 PM)
Not to be confused with the incessant whining by an apparently uninformed, yet overzealous mod, about anyone, ANYONE, who dares to call into question the horrific record of the owner.

News Flash: mods and admins are allowed to have opinions different than yours, and you don't have to get hurt feelings and hold grudges because of it.

I realize at his age that this is the final stage of Steve Stones broadcasting career. I'm still surprised as to how he has become a total houseman for the White Sox organization and this rebuild/tanking. His constant comments about James Shields have become really tough to listen to. Repeating over and over as to how Shields is adding so much to the team borders on insanity.

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I realize at his age that this is the final stage of Steve Stones broadcasting career. I'm still surprised as to how he has become a total houseman for the White Sox organization and this rebuild/tanking. His constant comments about James Shields have become really tough to listen to. Repeating over and over as to how Shields is adding so much to the team borders on insanity.

Shields actually is well liked and pretty funny and also good with the young pitchers. Dane Dunning credited Shields with adjusying the grip on his curve ball. You can be of value other places besides on the field. He will be gone soon enough.

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I haven't heard that. I trust you it's happening, but the games I've listened to he hasn't been that bad a houseman. Home Game One is the one I can't get out of my mind when Hawk about started crying in joy at how great a team the Sox have this year. Then they blew the game of course, him putting the ultimate hex on the 2018 squad (kidding). I can't imagine Stoney praising Shields that much but if he is, that's not good. Although Big James may be helping in the leadership department even though he personally sucks. That is possible. James may be trying to help some of these guys who are allegedly pitchers.

Edited by greg775

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just wondering has anybody heard any news on Burdi? he should be throwing by now shouldn't he? I think it's been a year of so since the surgery.

Thanks.

It was July 27 of last year, and they then expected him to ready for 2019.  No mention of 2018.