2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

22 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Rodgers isn’t tearing the cover off the ball in the minors. 291 is good but nothing crazy.

McMahon has struggled so far in the bigs but it’s early.

3B Colton Welker, meanwhile, is someone I’d be interested in. He’s only 21 and he’s hitting well on the farm.

I posted in one of the Abreu trade threads but if Jose figures to average 3WAR for this year and next plus the potential for DPC he is worth a 75-100 top 100 prospect + a 50/45FV guy as well, combine that with Nate Jones and I think between the Rockies and Astros, the white sox will have a good trade partner come july.

14 hours ago, oldsox said:

Rox want someone to take Desmond off their hands.

No doubt, by midseason when you factor in buy outs and bonus Desmond will have $52M remaining on his contract. Rodgers is roughly the 15th best prospect in baseball which would put his value per the point of Pittsburgh at $65.6M, thats a 13.6M difference the sox would have to make up if taking on Desmond's whole contract and expecting Rodgers back, but I think there is likely to be a deal made between the rockies and sox over Abreu and Jones, and their farm system that isn't going directly impact their run (Welker, Lambert, Hampson, Eusebio, Bowden). 

Love the thought process going on in this thread. 

Rockies *Should* most definitely look Jose Abreu's way. We should be asking for quite a lot in return and they have a laundry list of nice prospects. 

To be quite frank, I'm not sure why it hasn't happened already. 

Guy goes 4-for-4 again today. Has been as consistent or more consistently excellent than any other player in White Sox history. And he gets no love. Very strange and sad. If we are dumb enough to trade him I hope it's to the Cubs so he stays in Chicago. Any fan who wants him gone deserves him raking for the Cubs.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Guy goes 4-for-4 again today. Has been as consistent or more consistently excellent than any other player in White Sox history. And he gets no love. Very strange and sad. If we are dumb enough to trade him I hope it's to the Cubs so he stays in Chicago. Any fan who wants him gone deserves him raking for the Cubs.

He gets plenty of love. He is a great player and a seemingly wonderful role model for Moncada, Sanchez, and the rest of the young, Hispanic players. Your posts are very strange and sad.

You seem to not understand the premise of the opinions FOR trading him. It has nothing to do with Abreu currently, rather the players that he could potentially net the Sox organization due to how great he is.

In 2020/2021, he is likely going to be on the down swing of his career. That’s the main reason- plus the prospects he could bring back- for wanting to trade him.

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He gets plenty of love. He is a great player and a seemingly wonderful role model for Moncada, Sanchez, and the rest of the young, Hispanic players. Your posts are very strange and sad.

You seem to not understand the premise of the opinions FOR trading him. It has nothing to do with Abreu currently, rather the players that he could potentially net the Sox organization due to how great he is.

In 2020/2021, he is likely going to be on the down swing of his career. That’s the main reason- plus the prospects he could bring back- for wanting to trade him.

I'm glad you praise him in your post. I appreciate that. I get frustrated by the age thing. I think he has five good years left in him if his age has not been doctored and that takes us through the WS title years.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

You are quite literally stuck in the present.  No sense of the future, and apparently have completely forgotten the past as well.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are quite literally stuck in the present.  No sense of the future, and apparently have completely forgotten the past as well.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

"Literally" stuck??  Literally?  Or metaphorically?

6 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

But when you think about it, aren't they still stuck regardless of this movement? After all, there is no escape from the present but death. 

What is the present, but the past's future.

17 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Tyler Saladino now starting SS for first place Brewers, hitting .340ish.

It's insane. I forget where I heard it, but I guess the Brewers said he should go back to the leg kick swing. He said he was actually more comfortable hitting like that, except the Sox coaching staff didn't want him to do it, and now look at him. I really hope we get a different offensive coaching staff when we are trying to compete.

Just now, Scoots said:

It's insane. I forget where I heard it, but I guess the Brewers said he should go back to the leg kick swing. He said he was actually more comfortable hitting like that, except the Sox coaching staff didn't want him to do it, and now look at him. I really hope we get a different offensive coaching staff when we are trying to compete.

I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions over some extremely flukey power numbers and a high BABIP in a 35 plate appearance sample.  Remember when Trayce Thompson was the next Ken Griffey Jr for a brief stint with the Dodgers.  Things will most likely normalize our and he’ll be a solid backup infielder if he can manage to stay healthy.