2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

Regardless, I think Caulfield deserves more credit. He is all over the place sometimes but he puts together long, well thought out posts pretty often. I think he is a very valuable poster to have. I always enjoy his posts late at night when nobody else is posting. 

Caulfield is a great man. It was stunning when he blasted me over the transsexual thing in the SLAM area. It was unlike Caulfield.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I love his volume and his enthusiasm but sometimes I wonder how he walks a straight line on his way into work everyday.

This year feels like a golden age for Soxtalk imo. Software got improved, got some new posters, and the "in house" content via FutureSox continues to expand.  I'd love to see a Podcast.  

You guys would listen to a podcast with greg I betcha (Palin voice).

Yo all,

Any tips on eating/drinking on a budget at Guranteed rate field? I will likely be going to tomorrows game. The wife and I don't drink alcohol (she might have one drink, but that im not expecting to find deals on), but rather things like pop/soda? I hate spending the insane like $8 for one small soda.... is there any refills (free) anywhere or any large drinks for cheap?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yo all,

Any tips on eating/drinking on a budget at Guranteed rate field? I will likely be going to tomorrows game. The wife and I don't drink alcohol (she might have one drink, but that im not expecting to find deals on), but rather things like pop/soda? I hate spending the insane like $8 for one small soda.... is there any refills (free) anywhere or any large drinks for cheap?

Thanks.

I think they still sell soda with the souvenir cup at some stands? It's expensive (around $8) but you can share if you please and I do believe refills are free for it, though I could be wrong  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think they still sell soda with the souvenir cup at some stands? It's expensive (around $8) but you can share if you please and I do believe refills are free for it, though I could be wrong  

That would be ideal. The wife and I would enjoy that on what is likely going to be a hot day game. 

10 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yo all,

Thanks.

The best advise would be to eat before you go. You are allowed to bring some food in with you as well.

You may:

• Carry in food in a small, clear (see-through) plastic bag.
  • Enter with small, soft-sided bags (no larger than 16" x 16" x 8") that will be searched prior to entering the park.
  • Carry in one sealed plastic bottle of water, one liter or less in size, but no other beverages of any kind.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Interesting tidbit from the Fangraphs rankings.  Mize, the #1 overall pick, would slot in 4TH in Chicago's system.  That's crazy.  He'd barely be ahead of Madrigal for 5th.

Is that really a surprise though? There's no way he should be ranked better than Eloy and Kopech, and I'd argue that Robert should be better as well 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Is that really a surprise though? There's no way he should be ranked better than Eloy and Kopech, and I'd argue that Robert should be better as well 

Yeah this draft has been said to have no surefire superstars, but a lot of depth of top 10 types of picks.  I remember seeing that Casey Mize wouldn't have been the #1 pick for sure last year either.