2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

On 6/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, WBWSF said:

No the White Sox don't have the revenue of some of the other teams. Still Forbes magazine has said the White Sox gross $260 million dollars. The teams payroll this year is $60 million dollars. The team is 29th in MLB payroll. JR and his investors are laughing all the way to the bank. I expect the 2019 payroll will even be lower.

You seem to think you know a lot more about the business of professional baseball than you actually know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Soon he’ll be able to hold a bat

Hopefully he has the range to swing it properly and limit his swing. The bone should be healed but that doesn't mean the motion has returned. 

50 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

rozner and ostrowski with a pretty good takedown of verducci’s thoughts on the score this morning. 

Verducci's comments were accurate.  Both players are struggling.

And within the realm of rebuilds, neither the Cubs nor the Astros traded a player anywhere close to Sale.  It was a necessary move if they were going to rebuild and not re-tool
But it was a risky move, made riskier by relying on discredited talent-evaluators to handle the trade. The entire rebuild has heightened risk for that reason.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Verducci's comments were accurate.  Both players are struggling.

they were factually correct, but lacked the broader perspective verducci usually provides. 

35 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Reinsdorf is Bill Wirtz reincarnated. The only way this organization takes a next step is when JR dies. I hope the next owners kick KW’s ass while he’s walking out the door after he gets shit canned

Not even close.  

42 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Reinsdorf is Bill Wirtz reincarnated. The only way this organization takes a next step is when JR dies. I hope the next owners kick KW’s ass while he’s walking out the door after he gets shit canned

That's strange, I could have sworn I saw them play a game yesterday on TV with the stands half empty.  My mind must be going.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am going to guess no, simply because the Sox have a bit of a roster crunch problem already, as they still have to add back Miguel Gonzalez, as well as thinking about adding other guys here in the future from the minors.

I'd just cut Migo.  He serves no purpose on this roster and will have zero trade value.  

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's strange, I could have sworn I saw them play a game yesterday on TV with the stands half empty.  My mind must be going.

Based on your recent posts, I would say this is accurate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Eviction notice coming soon

^ The dude responded to me 4 times within an hour in 1 thread last night and he's living in my head. I'm going to have to evict him and get a restraining order on him. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

^ The dude responded to me 4 times within an hour in 1 thread last night and he's living in my head. I'm going to have to evict him and get a restraining order on him. 

Sez the guy who is mentioning me in threads without responding to my posts. 🤸‍♀️