2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

On 7/11/2018 at 10:49 PM, flavum said:

Here’s the story with the list of 1993 players and coaches coming this weekend.

https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-announce-special-guests-scheduled-to-appear-at-1993-team-reunion/c-283165274

I would love to hear what Walt Hriniak thinks about launch angle and the state of hitting these days. Hope the media can get to him.

I don't remember where else we were talking about whether or not Ventura would get booed, but here's the answer:

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

Saladino hitting over .300 with a minor tweak to his swing that our incompetent hitting staff told him not to do

Edit: 2-2 so far today

When he had 10 HRs for us couple years ago, he had a leg kick.  They told him to drop that last season and Milwaukee brought it back, so yeah not a good look.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Saladino hitting over .300 with a minor tweak to his swing that our incompetent hitting staff told him not to do

Edit: 2-2 so far today

8 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

When he had 10 HRs for us couple years ago, he had a leg kick.  They told him to drop that last season and Milwaukee brought it back, so yeah not a good look.

Another reason to doubt this organization's ability to accomplish a successful rebuild.

• Thanks 1

I talked to some Cardinals fans when the Cardinals played the White Sox this past week. They thought the Cardinals manager would be fired at the end of the season if the team didn't make the 2018 Playoffs. They thought it was bad that the team hasn't been in the playoffs since 2015. They fired there manager yesterday, even tho he has never managed a losing team and he managed the Cardinals into 4 playoffs.  From what I know the fans are happy about the manager getting fired. Imagine what the Cardinals fans would think if they had  teams as bad as the White Sox have been the last 10 years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I talked to some Cardinals fans when the Cardinals played the White Sox this past week. They thought the Cardinals manager would be fired at the end of the season if the team didn't make the 2018 Playoffs. They thought it was bad that the team hasn't been in the playoffs since 2015. They fired there manager yesterday, even tho he has never managed a losing team and he managed the Cardinals into 4 playoffs.  From what I know the fans are happy about the manager getting fired. Imagine what the Cardinals fans would think if they had  teams as bad as the White Sox have been the last 10 years.

Your “I talked to (insert team) fans” stories are hilarious

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Yahoo news comments has a whole gang who deride the '13%' when any culture related news stories come up . I have no doubt we have already become an oligarchy and I now believe that Trump will serve at least three terms. Laugh if you wish people. Words have consequences. 

How does this happen?

6 hours ago, knightni said:

Welp...

ow6t4ihphda11.jpg

Hahaha. 

Hilarious. 

Would be even better if the Dinosaur was replaced by Eeyore with the raincloud over his head. 

Can anyone make that? I'd love that to be my signature. It would be hilarious. I don't know how to do it myself. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Wasn't sure where to put this because it's media related but I thought it would be OK here. Sports Business Daily came out with RSN ratings for the first half of the season and this should come as no surprise but the Sox are next to last (Both Fan Graphs and ESPN had stories with ratings in previous seasons...) Next to last is actually an improvement as they were dead last the previous two seasons.

"On the other end of the coin, the Oakland A’s and Chicago White Sox remain baseball’s lowest-rated teams. A’s ratings on NBC Sports California are up 12% to a 0.67 rating this season, while White Sox ratings are down 1% to a 0.83 on NBC Sports Chicago, possibly representing the absolute low point for that franchise’s ratings."

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 5:50 PM, flavum said:

Rotation after break:

Seattle: Shields, Covey, Lopez

Anaheim: Giolito, Rodon, Shields, Covey

(Shields scheduled for 7/31)

I guess it doesn't matter that much, but why is Rodon getting the 5th turn in the rotation? 

He needs to pitch after missing so much time

Slick Rick Hahn: You still holding any Lucas Gioltio stock as we enter the 2nd half or has that ship sailed? 
Keith Law: I’ve seen enough signs of progress in the last six weeks to still think he’s going to be a good big-league starter.

• Like 3