2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

We have seen some pretty solid progress from him over the last month or so.  The good news is that his ERA/WHIP has come down every single month so far this season, so he is making progress as the season moves along.

4 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

I guess it doesn't matter that much, but why is Rodon getting the 5th turn in the rotation? 

He needs to pitch after missing so much time

With 65 games left, he’d probably get 13 starts either way. Tyler Danish is destined to start game 162. 

Edited by flavum

Mostly worthless tidbit of information -

My friend is at the Seattle game today in lower box seats and sitting next to a credentialed scout. He said the scout (from unnamed team but wearing a hat with the California state flag on it) didn't write anything when Tim was batting, but was actively watching Leury's first AB and was typing away, then finished up in the middle of Abreu's at-bat. Leury to the A's, you heard it here first! /green

Sure it doesn't mean anything, teams are always scouting each other for one reason or another, just something to pass along to the masses.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mrichar4 said:

Mostly worthless tidbit of information -

My friend is at the Seattle game today in lower box seats and sitting next to a credentialed scout. He said the scout (from unnamed team but wearing a hat with the California state flag on it) didn't write anything when Tim was batting, but was actively watching Leury's first AB and was typing away, then finished up in the middle of Abreu's at-bat. Leury to the A's, you heard it here first! /green

Sure it doesn't mean anything, teams are always scouting each other for one reason or another, just something to pass along to the masses.

Interesting you mention this and then today there is a story on  whitesox.com about Leury being an attractive trade possibility for a team in need of a multi position player 

Edited by elrockinMT

The shine is off Matt Davidson.  Remember that walk rate?  Yea, I hardly do too.  Seems like a long time ago.  Look at his plummeting wRC+, and more importantly, his cratering peripherals, since May:

https://www.fangraphs.com/splitstool.aspx?playerid=7226&position=3B/DH&splitArr=&strgroup=month&statgroup=2&startDate=all&endDate=all&filter=&statType=player&autoPt=true&players=&pg=0&pageItems=30&sort=-1,1

• Like 1

I have a question regarding attendance on Family Sunday's- we're looking to get a group of about 12 for 8/19 v. Royals. Is this something that we should look at purchasing ahead of time, or are we good with walking up? Don't need the best seats in the house, but don't want the crummiest, either. Appreciate any guidance. 

1 minute ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

I have a question regarding attendance on Family Sunday's- we're looking to get a group of about 12 for 8/19 v. Royals. Is this something that we should look at purchasing ahead of time, or are we good with walking up? Don't need the best seats in the house, but don't want the crummiest, either. Appreciate any guidance. 

I would buy ahead of time. You can get the $5 tickets and then sit wherever you want. (with a group of 12 you might have to settle for an upper deck location though) The fees for buying them online are annoying, but if you wait until you get there all of the $5 tickets will be gone.

Don't buy parking ahead of time, its only $10 on sundays. 

• Thanks 1