2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

I think it's pretty interesting and spot on that are 'social equity' is our highest ranking at 18 which symbolizes our potential fan base here however our current fan equity is very low at 28 which symbolizes how bad we are right now (and probably how the Cubbies are doing so well and stealing the current chicago baseball fan). 

Just shows that if we can turn this team around and start winning and making noise that we have the potential here to rise. 

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I think it's pretty interesting and spot on that are 'social equity' is our highest ranking at 18 which symbolizes our potential fan base here however our current fan equity is very low at 28 which symbolizes how bad we are right now (and probably how the Cubbies are doing so well and stealing the current chicago baseball fan). 

Just shows that if we can turn this team around and start winning and making noise that we have the potential here to rise. 

Middle of the pack is about where we got to in terms of revenue after the World Series.  I think we made it has high as 10th or 11th IIRC, so that number might have some recency bias in it.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, claydude14 said:

Selfishly I hope not Charlotte is coming to Rochester next week and I really want to see Eloy in person.

Claydude I was a Red Wing fan waybackwhen. The O's had a great system. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Uh, oh, I see some meltdowns in the future.

As long as you don’t have one of your usual meltdowns due to what we’re sure you found as an outrageous reference in the article to the “CHICAGO” White Sox being both a “MAJOR market team” and a “LARGE market team”, we should be ok.  

15 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

As long as you don’t have one of your usual meltdowns due to what we’re sure you found as an outrageous reference in the article to the “CHICAGO” White Sox being both a “MAJOR market team” and a “LARGE market team”, we should be ok.  

Right on cue.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Unless you actually look at his figures, but that's OK.  I am used to you ignoring half of the story.

I can’t imagine the frustration you must feel with all of this trapped genius of yours that all of these far more notable experts on the subject seemingly have no insight into.   

Just now, Fan O'Faust said:

I can’t imagine the frustration you must feel with all of this trapped genius of yours that all of these far more notable experts on the subject seemingly have no insight into.   

Not have as frustrating as it must be for you to have such an active lack of ability to understand a simple chart or basic literacy.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not have as frustrating as it must be for you to have such an active lack of ability to understand a simple chart or basic literacy.

Well, who doesn’t love a good “simple chart”!  So why don’t you present one to support your *cough* views on the matter, and we can all go from there?  “Simple chart” - let’s go!  Let’s see it!

8 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Well, who doesn’t love a good “simple chart”!  So why don’t you present one to support your *cough* views on the matter, and we can all go from there?  “Simple chart” - let’s go!  Let’s see it!

You really didn't read the article did you?  If you had, you would have noticed that all of the "support" I need is right there in it.  The article ranks the Sox fan base as 29th overall, 28th in terms of engagement, 18th in terms of potential (18th of 30?  huh, that almost sounds in the middle, doesn't it?) and 28th in terms of road support.  Even at their peak after the World Series championship when the bandwagon was full of fans like yourself, the Sox were never in the attendance or revenue categories of the true large market teams.

All of those numbers support exactly what I have been saying forever is that the Sox have a mid-sized fan base that is largely a bandwagon one who doesn't show up for long periods of time when the team isn't leading the pack, unlike true large market teams which have real fan support no matter what.

The fact is there isn't a single metric other than anecdotal speakings that support what you are saying, while every single measurable fact from multiple generations worth of data falls in my camp.

4 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Haha we have to players with AVI on their jerseys...

Nicknames are bad/repeated, jerseys are bad, hats are bad... other teams have actually cool looking designs and we're stuck with an ugly combo of gray and red.