2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

Reality check for the day...

When two kinda crappy teams play each other, one of them has to win.

Last year, the Sox went 13-25 vs the Indians and Twins and 10-24 against other playoff teams... 23-49 in those 72 games, and 44-46 in the other 90.

This year, they have 64 games against last year’s postseason teams. Let’s see if there is an improvement.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 09:29 PM)
Yep, also cost us Tatis Jr.

Ugh. Sox lost Tatis Jr. because the GM traded him in a stupid move. Why does Hahn get such a free pass on here? If you are being serious, I would be amazed. It's a stretch to blame the Sox for starting quickly and the GM thinking he was adding a piece for the playoffs. I blame the guy who made the trade.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 08:55 PM)
Ugh. Sox lost Tatis Jr. because the GM traded him in a stupid move. Why does Hahn get such a free pass on here? If you are being serious, I would be amazed. It's a stretch to blame the Sox for starting quickly and the GM thinking he was adding a piece for the playoffs. I blame the guy who made the trade.

Shields had KW written all over it.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 06:51 AM)
Shields had KW written all over it.

I should have said the front office then, my bad. I just don't get the connection between winning and trading Tatis. It's a screwup but not because of the W/L record. People made the decision to deal him.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 12:07 AM)
Any MLB.tv users out there able to find highlights of games? Last year there were a bunch for each game and now all I can do is watch the whole game.

What device are you using?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 11:55 PM)

Don't you...hate relying on prospects?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 08:25 AM)
Computer

Ah, can’t help ya then. I know that they still have the feature... they just move s*** around every year... threw me for a loop last year on my Apple TV.

QUOTE (Quin @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 08:24 AM)
Don't you...hate relying on prospects?

I'm a Sox fan so I go along with what the team wants to do. The difference is I issue blame where I see it. And Shields was the wrong veteran pitcher to add. Why? He stinks IMO, advanced stats be darned.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 09:32 PM)
I'm a Sox fan so I go along with what the team wants to do. The difference is I issue blame where I see it. And Shields was the wrong veteran pitcher to add. Why? He stinks IMO, advanced stats be darned.

Good lord, how did the idea that advanced stats LIKED James Shields somehow enter into your head?