2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

23 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Anyone know when the 2019 schedule is going to be released? Trying to make some travel plans ASAP for next year. I thought the next year's schedule usually came out in July

It appears that the 2018 schedule was released on September 12, 2017.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scoots said:

Anyone know when the 2019 schedule is going to be released? Trying to make some travel plans ASAP for next year. I thought the next year's schedule usually came out in July

Yeah, I would expect September 11, give or take a day. They've been consistent releasing it during that week over the last 5+ years.

18 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yeah, I would expect September 11, give or take a day. They've been consistent releasing it during that week over the last 5+ years.

Huh, that's odd. For some reason I always thought it was more middle of the season. Well, thanks anyway!!

I found this story in the Sun-Times today interesting. Both Konerko and Renteria comment on the state of baseball today and Rick also goes into more of his philosophy of what the team should be doing as long as he is the manager:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/situational-hitting-will-always-be-in-with-white-sox-manager-rick-renteria/

Edited by Lip Man 1
spelling

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I fund this story in the Sun-Times today interesting. Both Konerko and Renteria comment on the state of baseball today and Rick also goes into more of his philosophy of what the team should be doing as long as he is the manager:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/situational-hitting-will-always-be-in-with-white-sox-manager-rick-renteria/

Situational hitting is fine, but the bunting has to go.  Unfortunately it sounds like Ricky doesn’t want to get rid of his old school tendencies.

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

He was in the dugout in full uniform the entire game and was laughing, talking with teammates, cheering them on, etc. 

If he got pulled from the lineup after starting due to the flu....I gotta say I think there was some vomit involved in this. I doubt the amount was small.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If he got pulled from the lineup after starting due to the flu....I gotta say I think there was some vomit involved in this. I doubt the amount was small.

I don't doubt that he was sick, but I watched innings 1-7 + saw pictures/videos of Eloy in the dugout online, and he certainly didn't look sick. Either way, I suppose at this point that the flu-like symptoms and Getz comments being within hours of each other were purely coincidental

10 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

So who is boarding that 10:55 flight to Chicago out of Charlotte so we can see who is on the plane? Make sure you walk up and down the entire length of the plane pretending to “look for your friend” who boarded earlier. 

I heard that. Eloy and Kopech news is exciting , but the best news I've heard in the last 2 weeks Are Carlos Rodons starts. If he's finally healthy,

our rotation could be really good really soon.

21 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I actually am convinced Garcia turned the corner and is an above average hitter. Whether he can stay healthy and how much better his bat can get (and I suppose how mediocre he is defensively) are the bigger questions, imo. I would be open to keeping Garcia around longer term.  I don't really think last season was a major fluke.