2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

On 9/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, southsider2k5 said:

This is why you push pitchers to grow their innings as they move up in the system.  If you want them to pitch in October eventually, they have to be able to get through September.

And this is also why Kopech was brought up, despite his injury. He had to build up his innings. Honestly, I think the Sox got played a bit on the service time game. You win some, you lose some. Kopech probably knew that something was wrong weeks ago, and tried to pitch through it until he was called up. The guy had nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing that. He won on this one. The only way Kopech wasn't going to get called up in September was if he continued to get bombed and walk the world. That didn't happen, so his gamble paid off.  Kopech would have been an idiot to say anything about his elbow until he got called up or he couldn't pitch and his velo was way down. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

This is absolutely priceless!!! Especially calling it "pitchers duel".  I don't care whether this is a real picture or a photo shop.  I hope others appreciate it as much as I do.

It's better than the "Kramer and  Newmann" picture of the Oakland pitchers.  (Seinfeld characters for you young un's).

33 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Well does that mean he has a future on this team? We have several extra players taking up OF and DH positions. Someone has got to go

Maybe they are looking ahead. guys like Leury and Yolmer will be getting raises soon.