Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

2018 White Sox catch-all thread

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I've never seen anything like that. The fairly in-depth Boston Globe piece basically said the sox had Moncada/Kopech agreed on through the weekend but had been haggling on third piece until sox finally relented and went for basabe/diaz.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is what I remember, and can't recall anything like the other story.  My impression was that we were asking for a bigger third piece, when Boston offered us two pieces to make up for the lesser piece.

That was the initial story, but Hahn went into further detail in his interviews throughout 2017. I really don't know if you can find those interviews anywhere on the internet though. 

On 10/12/2018 at 5:03 AM, Dick Allen said:

The Sox won’t get where the Cubs are, but right before they started winning, Cubs TV ratings were dismal as well.

I still don't get what the Cub have done to affect the Sox. I don't blame my neighbor when I have a bad day. 

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I still don't get what the Cub have done to affect the Sox. I don't blame my neighbor when I have a bad day. 

Both teams are in competition for the entertainment dollar and the "casual" fan. When one organization basically abdicates their own home market for whatever reason or reasons to the other team, that has direct ramifications on the bottom line.

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Yet we hear about them ad nasuem.

I was hoping to sign onto SoxTalk and have some additional information on Enoy Jimenez. I found nothing on Google, barely anything on Twitter. Seems like a mystery to me.

My assumption is he's a non prospect with a good bloodline... but does anybody know the scoop on him at all? Surprised with his connection to Eloy that this wasn't more of a story.

2 hours ago, BrianAnderson said:

I was hoping to sign onto SoxTalk and have some additional information on Enoy Jimenez. I found nothing on Google, barely anything on Twitter. Seems like a mystery to me.

My assumption is he's a non prospect with a good bloodline... but does anybody know the scoop on him at all? Surprised with his connection to Eloy that this wasn't more of a story.

I would say the fact that he was still unsigned at this juncture of the signing period and had no fanfare compared to bloodline players like Tejada Jr is a good indication that he is not well thought of. 

But, 17 year olds can have weird growth spurts and it does no harm.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would say the fact that he was still unsigned at this juncture of the signing period and had no fanfare compared to bloodline players like Tejada Jr is a good indication that he is not well thought of. 

But, 17 year olds can have weird growth spurts and it does no harm.

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to Tejada after the Sox didn't sign him?  I haven't heard his name at all since July.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to Tejada after the Sox didn't sign him?  I haven't heard his name at all since July.

It turned out the reason the deal fell through was he failed a drug test for PEDs.

Shocker right?!

Just now, bmags said:

It turned out the reason the deal fell through was he failed a drug test for PEDs.

Shocker right?!

I remember that part, I am just wondering if he signed on with anyone else afterwards, and how much he cost himself.