AND THAT’S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Rowand44

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:32 PM)
Tim Anderson has tremendous top hand.

so uh, when can I embed a tweet! :drink

SS2K, come on, you're a bit excited, right?

Anderson looks like a much more confident player this spring. He lost his best friend early last year and I think he really had a tough time with it. I really think he will explode this year

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:26 PM)
One game, Greg. Like someone else said, let's see a sustained improvement in walk rate and K rate before we get too excited. It was certainly nice to see the power display, today, though.

Nope, im on the Greg train here. Switch came on.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:32 PM)
Tim Anderson has tremendous top hand.

so uh, when can I embed a tweet! :drink

SS2K, come on, you're a bit excited, right?

Seriously, I hope he's coming into his own. The middle infield could be f***ing ridiculous for a long time. That contract f***ed him up last season

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 04:26 AM)
Good job Greg. I hope you are right for the duration of the season

Thanks Rock. Me too.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 04:26 AM)
One game, Greg. Like someone else said, let's see a sustained improvement in walk rate and K rate before we get too excited. It was certainly nice to see the power display, today, though.

I love his story. Perseverance and all he's done the last year and change is HIT.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 04:40 AM)
Nope, im on the Greg train here. Switch came on.

I love Matt Davidson.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 11:41 PM)
Seriously, I hope he's coming into his own. The middle infield could be f***ing ridiculous for a long time. That contract f***ed him up last season

Yolmer is still only 25 himself :gosoxretro:

they got some kids that can play, and Jose ain't no bum either. Exciting infield this year.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:49 PM)

they got some kids that can play, and Jose ain't no bum either. Exciting infield this year.

Yolmer will always be underrated. Only advanced stats guys appreciate how good he is. BUT, on a WS contending team, hes a super sub IMO.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:59 PM)
Probably, but still a very valuable piece to a team. Yolmer really may turn out to be a keeper. And he seems to be incredibly well liked in the room.

He was a 2.1 WAR player last year. You cannot let that get away at his age. A 26 year old that can play multiple positions, hit from both sides and is a plus defender at probably 2 of those positions is valuable to a contending team.

Of course maybe someone will figure this out and trade us some s*** at deadline

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 09:49 PM)

Abreu needs to be here at least another 4 seasons. Let everyone else force our hands with good play. If we want to win long term our payroll will have to get to 170 million. We are at 70 now so we should have no problem making that work down the life if we are competitive every year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm rewatching the game and I know some will hate this but man Jason is bad at actually calling the game. On that first Davidson HR, Jason had absolutely zero idea it was crushed. He was a good 2-3 seconds behind the camera. Now, 80+ year old Hawk isn't calling that off the bat, but 60 year old Hawk certainly is -- and more broadly -- so are most play by play guys. That ball was f***ing smoked. If you are at the game that's a no doubter -- call it as such, get the excitement.

anyways, I hope he learns more about baseball as he gets more experience. I will say on a positive note he wasn't in constant "ask stone a question with an obvious answer" mode.

It was a rope and Abreu's barely got over the wall a few pitches prior. He did a good job seeing the other home runs, especially Tim's.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 07:37 PM)
lol...I was just talking about that game with my Dad...thinking we'd be unstoppable. :chair

I also remember that game fondly. I had the same feelings as you did especially with that being Beckhams first full year (i think..)

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 08:29 AM)
I could watch Timmy's second homer a thousand times.

Also really liked how excited both of those guys were to take a walk in the game, mentioning it right alongside the home runs.

+1. The swagger he had after hitting both of those homers really showed his confidence. This team definitely has personality.

After one game I am doing great . I took Davidson and Engel as my darkhorse and surprise candidates in that thred and in the thread about the over and under and certain players HR totals I said all would go over.

On a serious note very cool game with all the HR's and actual walks from Davidson and Aderson and 2 from Engel. All were not exactly on base machines last year. Pretty soon all the talk about the Sox not developing hitting prospects is going to come to a screeching halt if Sanchez, Leury , Dalmonico Davdson, Engel and Anderson can all show major improvement.