**Game 2 of 162: Sox at KC Thread**

Brian

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 07:46 PM)
Easily worst part of Renteria's managing

I hate bunting in pretty much all situations. Most of the time it's a free out. I dont like helping the other team.

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 07:56 PM)
That was impressive though. He's battling and got out of that with no runs.

I agree. Always been a Gio homer, but I don't think he can get loose tonight. Everything I heard was that his velo was up in spring, and the results showed that. I wasn't expecting him to be throwing this slow in his first start.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 08:58 PM)
I agree. Always been a Gio homer, but I don't think he can get loose tonight. Everything I heard was that his velo was up in spring, and the results showed that. I wasn't expecting him to be throwing this slow in his first start.

He has been at 92 at times. My issue isn't the velocity, but the location of his secondary pitches. I don't think he has spotted 1 all night in the right spot. He has hit a batter, tossed a wild pitch, another 3 or 4 have gone to the backstop, has walks, has been behind all night, threw 1 pitch BEHIND a hitter and somehow the kid has found a way to battle through.

That all said, against someone like Cleveland this game would have been over by now.