4/3 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

Dunt

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 09:21 PM)
Because I don’t judge a player simply on their strikeout rate and I also assume that young players will get better with experience. Dude put up a 104 wRC+ in his rookie season despite a 32% K rate. As that K rate cuts down and the power plays up, the kid is going to be a beast offensively and has all the tools to be a stud defensively. He’s 22 year old for Christ sake and I’d argue he’s already an above average 2B. We must be watching two completely different players, because if you can’t see the star potential in this kid I don’t know what to tell you.

where's that +1 button?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 08:14 PM)
The typical unsubstantiated tripe from you. I don’t take you too seriously at all, but if you’re capable of it, I’d love to hear your reasoning as to why we shouldn’t be concerned that we traded one of the best players/contracts in baseball for a guy who could K 200 times in a season.

He was an above average hitter last year despite all the strikeouts. And it's not like he's flailing away and looking overmatched, he's just not being aggressive enough in 2 strike counts. You haven't really done a good job explaining why the strikeouts are going to doom him. It also seems like you almost want him to fail just so you can proclaim that you "called it".