Dunt

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 02:37 AM)
If he continues to struggle this month, I hope they move him down to 6-7 spot and see if the pressure of leading off is affecting him.

He's not struggling to get on base. Keep him there, not like there's better options. After a while though, he's going to have to start showing a better hit tool.

It's games like tonight that should pump the breaks on some who were talking about "contending" or maybe sneaking into the second wild card spot.

That's not happening with this pitching staff especially the bullpen bums.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 09:29 PM)
Yoan is just far too stiff batting righty

yeah...getting sick watching it. At some point somebody might want to pull the plug on it. It's almost uncomfortable to watch...

On the plus side, Avi/Anderson/Abreu continue to excel. Yolmer's doing just fine. We knew Davidson wouldn't hit 120 homers or whatever.

In many ways, Anderson and Moncada hitting their ceilings are equally important, as the SS position/leadership is so key to a playoff/contending team.

I don't think anyone at this point can be certain that Moncada becomes that 900+ OPS beast like Cano in his prime, so for now I'm tempering expectations to the 750-825 range and hoping that he has a breakout eventually like Buxton the second half last year (of course, they also thought it happened previous to 2018 and it was a mirage.)

He's still just 22, and he seems fated to struggle as a RH hitter...that first strikeout against Happ was nearly center cut, granted 94 MPH, but then Avi struggled on similar pitches against Happ as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 02:33 AM)
I don't understand what the benefit of tanking would be this year. We have a lot of high end talent and a top 5 pick this year. We need to start growing for personal reasons and to attract free agents. If we are indeed tanking again, I don't see us competing until 2021 at the earliest when the players would have grown and learned how to win a little.

I hate tanking but we are indeed tanking. Pitching ugh and only 4-5 good hitters max on a given day. I think in Sox management eyes benefit of tanking is another good draft pick and probably trading one of either Avi or Abreu at the break along with Nate and Soria if he's serviceable.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 02:48 AM)
It's games like tonight that should pump the breaks on some who were talking about "contending" or maybe sneaking into the second wild card spot.

I agree with u Lip Man.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 09:33 PM)
I don't understand what the benefit of tanking would be this year. We have a lot of high end talent and a top 5 pick this year. We need to start growing for personal reasons and to attract free agents.

I don't either. But there just isn't enough pitching on the major league roster or at AAA to avoid it being a bad team. I don't think they are tanking really...just playing the cards they have (although they created those low cards).

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 07:48 PM)

My expectations this year have been for a ~70 win team at best... and that’s just because Detroit and Kansas City are taken into account.