1st Homestand weather

Jack Parkman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend MIGHT get one game in. Supposed to get close to 5 inches on Saturday.

At this point you can't even blame MLB for the season starting early or Twins not having a dome.. average high is 60+. We're just stuck in a freak Spring.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 10:14 AM)
This weekend MIGHT get one game in. Supposed to get close to 5 inches on Saturday.

At this point you can't even blame MLB for the season starting early or Twins not having a dome.. average high is 60+. We're just stuck in a freak Spring.

get used to them.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 07:10 PM)
Yup. I find it amusing that people (not on this board, but on Twitter) are acting like this is some anomaly of a spring that won't happen again. This is the rest of our lives.

Not to get too off topic (and honestly the AGW discussion here has been really reasonable) but yea this is probably the new normal for most of the upper midwest and east coast.

my family still has property in N. MI and at least this year they didn't get a crazy snap of 70s in early march (like actually happened a few years ago) causing all the fruit trees to blossom and then frost after that. Something like 1/2 of the Michigan apple crop was wiped at that year (believe it was 2015). I've been talking with my mom, who lives up there, weekly about it and she's lived there for over 40 years now and anecdotally she knows the weather is changing. things are just more volatile. 50s in January and 20s in April -- s*** that makes planning human events harder -- like baseball, and fruit crops.

I played so much baseball in cold, 40 degree weather but nothing like those HS kids are going through up there this year. It's still in the 20s! They are getting a snow storm this week with up to 5 inches forecast. Some of these kids' baseball seasons are going to be 1/3 wiped out. The HS season is only 2.25 months up there -- April, May and early June. Feel bad for the teams up there.