White Sox Winner!

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 08:26 PM)
His defense also kicked him in the balls which doesn't show in that line either.

Engel’s ball he overran, Avi had a 50/50 ball he dropped...Engel had a terrible throw from CF that allowed both runners to advance in the process.

Leury looked good, though.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 09:54 PM)
For what it's worth, there was a scoring change. Fulmer is on the hook for 2 runs, not 3. It is not yet updated on box scores, but @cst_soxvan tweeted it.

that what I thought too when they flashed his numbers after he came out. How the hell did he get charged with 3 runs?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 11:54 PM)
Engel’s ball he overran, Avi had a 50/50 ball he dropped...Engel had a terrible throw from CF that allowed both runners to advance in the process.

Leury looked good, though.

yeah...he threw to the wrong base. Can't remember but Davidson didn't seem in the right position to cut it off either...but he should have thrown ahead of the runners to 3rd. Fundamentals have been lacking a little...which I hope Ricky is harping on right now.

Really nice outing by Fulmer. I didn't start watching until the fourth inning, but I liked what I saw. I hope this was a sign of what he can be.

Jones and Soria looked great. I agree with some previous posts - late innings bullpen looks good, otherwise not so much.

I heard that the Sox lead the majors in home runs after yesterday's game. That's pretty cool. Not a stat that will last, but it's nice to see the power.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:37 AM)
Really nice outing by Fulmer. I didn't start watching until the fourth inning, but I liked what I saw. I hope this was a sign of what he can be.

Jones and Soria looked great. I agree with some previous posts - late innings bullpen looks good, otherwise not so much.

I heard that the Sox lead the majors in home runs after yesterday's game. That's pretty cool. Not a stat that will last, but it's nice to see the power.

Jones wasn't exactly fooling anyone...some of those balls would have been hits or even homers in the middle of the summer.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:36 AM)
that what I thought too when they flashed his numbers after he came out. How the hell did he get charged with 3 runs?

Yes, it wasn't Engel being charged with an error, which should happen. Pierce singled and scored vs. Bummer and somehow the scorer charged Fulmer. It appears they need a new scorer in Toronto.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:34 AM)
Yes, it wasn't Engel being charged with an error, which should happen. Pierce singled and scored vs. Bummer and somehow the scorer charged Fulmer. It appears they need a new scorer in Toronto.

Fulmer put the guy who scored on base....or am I missing something?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:40 AM)
Fulmer put the guy who scored on base....or am I missing something?

No, Pierce singled off of Bummer. There were two runners that Bummer inherited, but one was thrown out at home, so when he scored it should have been on Bummer.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:08 AM)
Jones wasn't exactly fooling anyone...some of those balls would have been hits or even homers in the middle of the summer.

The roof was closed and the ball was jumping the entire series, I dont think the summer would have made those balls go farther. Nate was just fortunate they didn’t get elevated

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:42 AM)
No, Pierce singled off of Bummer. There were two runners that Bummer inherited, but one was thrown out at home, so when he scored it should have been on Bummer.

I remember looking at the box score and thinking that was what happened, but I figured I mixed something up. Really Fulmer should have been hit for 1 ER.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 02:42 PM)

I don't think that's how it works with inherited runners though. Since their was a fielder's choice involving a Fulmer runner (smoak at home), I think Fulmer is responsible for new runner

On Engel's defense, dude gets to balls that most CF's don't. The two balls he's dropped this year I don't think a lot of CF's get to. That said, he's here for his defense and if he's going to get to those balls he has to finish the play off and make the catch. On the throw to home, I have no issue with the thought process, if he makes a good throw there he's got a good chance to get the runner, problem is he didn't make a good throw.

And ya, Nate was getting squared up pretty good last night but as long as he's healthy, he'll be fine.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:23 AM)
On Engel's defense, dude gets to balls that most CF's don't. The two balls he's dropped this year I don't think a lot of CF's get to. That said, he's here for his defense and if he's going to get to those balls he has to finish the play off and make the catch. On the throw to home, I have no issue with the thought process, if he makes a good throw there he's got a good chance to get the runner, problem is he didn't make a good throw.

And ya, Nate was getting squared up pretty good last night but as long as he's healthy, he'll be fine.

He well overran that first one and had to reach back over his head. It’s a ball 85-90% of MLB CFers should comfortably get to...didn't require anything close to a Buxton burst of speed.

Maybe he was having problems with the dome backdrop...just seems he wasnt tracking it well or just was a bit off with his route.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 09:16 AM)
Let?€s just leave it that the lead would have evaporated at Guaranteed Rate Field in mid July with those swings...nevertheless he got the job done for the day.

Well, at GRF in July, Moncada had a grand slam

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:48 AM)
The roof was closed and the ball was jumping the entire series, I dont think the summer would have made those balls go farther. Nate was just fortunate they didn’t get elevated

No it wouldn't have. Moncada would have had a slam, so we'd been all good.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:37 AM)

They may not finish #1 in the category but don't go thinking this lineup doesn't have plenty of pop, especially as Anderson and Moncada continue to gain experience. Davidson looks completely different at the plate. And we've got Eloy likely to come up and contribute this season. What's most interesting to me is that we've played fewer games than most teams, have had very few cheap home runs, and still lead the league? That's a promising stat.