Minor League Gamethread (4-5)

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:07 AM)
Gotta get Kopech on pace for the doubleheader on the 28th, ha.

Is that the actual reason? I imagine it had to do with scheduling and lining him up with somebody but wasn't sure

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:47 PM)
Where did Robbie Ross Jr. go? Not on the current Knights roster...is it one of those deals where there’s a ten day period where ge could be picked up by another team?

He is on the roster, this site has them up to date. The Knights website does not, if it still has Danny Hayes on it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2P...amp;single=true

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:51 AM)
He is on the roster, this site has them up to date. The Knights website does not, if it still has Danny Hayes on it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2P...amp;single=true

Has anyone actually determined who maintains that spreadsheet, and how? Not sure whether or not to believe it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 02:53 PM)
Has anyone actually determined who maintains that spreadsheet, and how? Not sure whether or not to believe it.

Appears to me to be right on the money. Updated so quickly it is like it is tied into the league offices or something.

W-S is such a better media operation, not that surprised.

I wish white sox took a page out of the brewers notebook, who have been really awesome about releasing full org depth charts in nice graphics and weeks ahead of season.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:12 PM)
No. He said he threw live batting practice to his teammates a couple days ago. He’s just further back on the schedule.

Good. I just recall them saying on the broadcast last night that he would be making his season debut today.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:37 AM)
Is that the actual reason? I imagine it had to do with scheduling and lining him up with somebody but wasn't sure

Kopech is going 5th. If they bring up a starter for KC, I’d bet on Volstad. 40-man is at 39 now.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:25 PM)
Good. I just recall them saying on the broadcast last night that he would be making his season debut today.

Same here. I remember him saying he threw change ups in BP. I was under the impression he was today's starter.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 05:43 PM)
Interesting to see Rose at 3B and Michalczewski at 2B for Birmingham. Wonder if that's going to be a thing all year?

Getz was asked about this at soxfest. Said he felt trey is a guy he thinks will perform better being moved around the field to keep him trying new things.

I’m skeptical but hey it’s worth a shot

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:00 PM)
Getz was asked about this at soxfest. Said he felt trey is a guy he thinks will perform better being moved around the field to keep him trying new things.

I’m skeptical but hey it’s worth a shot

Translation - This guy isn't in our future plans anymore, but hey, someone's gotta take those ABs.

Kade McClure is my sleeper pick for 2018. Big righty with some advanced pitches.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:38 PM)
Translation - This guy isn't in our future plans anymore, but hey, someone's gotta take those ABs.

Kade McClure is my sleeper pick for 2018. Big righty with some advanced pitches.

Basically.

I will say when I saw trey in person at W-S last year he’s one of the guys in the field that stands out physically.

Although so did Keon Barnum.