Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:26 PM)
I never thought I’d see the day Sanchez & Leury were our 5th & 6th hitters.

I actually like this lineup quite a bit. Yolmer is hitting pretty well and it breaks up the lineup pretty evenly with LHH and RHH.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 12:35 PM)
Delminico benched but Engel starting... Renteria doesnt do a very good job making decisions

Delmonico needs to sit and clear his head. He's been awful to start the season. Atleast Engel is getting on base.

Would at least have Anderson having in front of Leury the way he's been swinging, if not in front of Yolmer. Also interesting decision to start Narvaez over Castillo. I understand giving him rest, but it's opening day. You'd think you'd want to field the most "attractive" players on the field on opening day.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:05 PM)
Would at least have Anderson having in front of Leury the way he's been swinging, if not in front of Yolmer. Also interesting decision to start Narvaez over Castillo. I understand giving him rest, but it's opening day. You'd think you'd want to field the most "attractive" players on the field on opening day.

Backup always starts day after a night game, pretty common. You could argue that he should've started yesterday so Welington started today though.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:13 PM)
I'd prefer Delmonico starting in LF but with Shields on the mound and the expected weather maybe Leury is the better option for today.

I was amazed that Fulmer lasted more than two innings yesterday. Here's to many more good outings from Carson.

Hip-hip Hooray!

Hip-hip Hooray!

Hip-hip Hooray!

I'm guessing LF is there for the taking by whomever can hit and field decently.

Delmonico had some fine at bats last season. Hope the fielding improves.

When will Dedelow be ready? Was his spring training pinch hitting HR a fluke?

QUOTE (Knickname @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:26 PM)
I was amazed that Fulmer lasted more than two innings yesterday. Here's to many more good outings from Carson.

Hip-hip Hooray!

Hip-hip Hooray!

Hip-hip Hooray!

I'm guessing LF is there for the taking by whomever can hit and field decently.

Delmonico had some fine at bats last season. Hope the fielding improves.

When will Dedelow be ready? Was his spring training pinch hitting HR a fluke?

That is a pretty random name, but considering he has played 5 games above rookie ball, and is WAY down the prospect list in a crowded outfield, I will say at least 3 years, probably 4, if ever.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:31 PM)
That is a pretty random name, but considering he has played 5 games above rookie ball, and is WAY down the prospect list in a crowded outfield, I will say at least 3 years, probably 4, if ever.

I recognized the Hammond-WJOB connection, but didn't think much of it until seeing that he hit a ph hr in ST while reviewing box scores a few weeks back.

Also, LF seems up for grabs.

I know next to nothing about scouting or ranking talent.

QUOTE (Knickname @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:50 PM)
I recognized the Hammond-WJOB connection, but didn't think much of it until seeing that he hit a ph hr in ST while reviewing box scores a few weeks back.

Also, LF seems up for grabs.

I know next to nothing about scouting or ranking talent.

He was just drafted in 2017 as a senior signing, played primarily rookie ball, and 5 games at Low-A. He has a boatload of guys ahead of him, and he has a long way to go. The power is his a plus tool, but a lot of older kids hit at rookie ball and die in the next levels.