Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:40 PM)
Giolito has had some awful luck to start this year. Second game he's gonna pitch tomorrow and will be cold as hell.

The game is Saturday, and I’m not so sure it won’t be Monday vs TB

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 11:41 PM)
Clean house with this bullpen it’s utter trash. Nate Jones should be the only one still here by year end. Some bad decisions made by staff with assembling the bullpen.

Don't forget we're still trying to tank. I picture Hahn nodding in privacy saying, "Just how we planned this." Lot of highlights but let the bullpen blow it.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:43 PM)
Lol who cares this team isn't going anywhere yet. There's about a dozen bodies behind these guys and the Sox picked what they did to preserve depth, not maximize results.

What makes you think we are magically going to assemble a bullpen once the team gets good? We don?€t have the time to let young relievers learn on the job once our top prospects are up. Pretty much every acquisition, signing, or promotion has been hot garbage.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 05:43 PM)
Don't forget we're still trying to tank. I picture Hahn nodding in privacy saying, "Just how we planned this." Lot of highlights but let the bullpen blow it.

I think this is the one mistake they've made so far. There is no need to tank this year as we have a lot of prospects to begin with. This year should be about growth and hoping some players surprise us. We also want to show growth in the W column for FA's.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:45 PM)
What makes you think we are magically going to assemble a bullpen once the team gets good? We don’t have the time to let young relievers learn on the job once our top prospects are up.

Sign or develop them. We are still going to unload guys like Jones and (hopefully) Soria this deadline. The pen is the most fickle part of a team and it will definitely be a challenge to assemble once this team is ready

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 12:44 AM)
Sarcasm?

Not really, only because before the site went down, we were getting in a lot of arguments about when the team would be competitive and the thought was this was another tank year.

One of the reasons is the team made no attempt to improve the bullpen in the offseason. Soria doesn't count. Find the thread where I wrote about how all the fans in KC were rejoicing at Soria leaving town. He is horrific and fits into the one more season of tank theory. I mean I love fans rooting for us to win in the game threads but it hasn't been that way last season at least. Rooting for losses was huge. I just assume we have one more year of tanking in our team.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:41 PM)
We may need to trade a couple of prospects to shore up the bullpen.

That's the last thing they should do.

Such trades brought Soria and Shields here.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:45 PM)
What makes you think we are magically going to assemble a bullpen once the team gets good? We don?€t have the time to let young relievers learn on the job once our top prospects are up. Pretty much every acquisition, signing, or promotion has been hot garbage.

The fact that the bullpen is always the last piece to a team build is a pretty good indicator. I would say...

Edited by Richie

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:48 PM)
Not really, only because before the site went down, we were getting in a lot of arguments about when the team would be competitive and the thought was this was another tank year.

One of the reasons is the team made no attempt to improve the bullpen in the offseason. Soria doesn't count. Find the thread where I wrote about how all the fans in KC were rejoicing at Soria leaving town. He is horrific and fits into the one more season of tank theory. I mean I love fans rooting for us to win in the game threads but it hasn't been that way last season at least. Rooting for losses was huge. I just assume we have one more year of tanking in our team.

Semantics. This is more of a "development" year than a "tank" year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:47 PM)
Sign or develop them. We are still going to unload guys like Jones and (hopefully) Soria this deadline. The pen is the most fickle part of a team and it will definitely be a challenge to assemble once this team is ready

The problem is we haven’t had a single bullpen callup show even flashes of looking like a good reliever.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:49 PM)
That's the last thing they should do.

Such trades brought Soria and Shields here.

Yeah, if anything you trade high value pen guys for prospects. Never trade for bullpen in this stage