Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 12:53 AM)
If Anderson, Yolmer and Davidson are all legit...we’ll be fine.

Just have to weather the Soria rants until he’s gone.

No reason to rant. Just assume he blows and if he has a good game give it the nod of approval or slow clap.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 12:56 AM)
Dude, we are more in the mode of trading pen guys if they get good than acquiring them at this point. We arent there yet

I meant in the offseason, grab a couple good relievers since the payroll is so low. We're not arguing. Sounds like you agree with me this is another year of losing to grab the best possible draft pick again.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:57 PM)
I'm not sure how I see that one. We rolled with our best end of game bullpen configuration with a 4 run lead and gave up the lead anyway.

if pitching back-to-back days is going to be a problem for Jones and Soria then boy, its gonna be real ruff out there.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:58 PM)
Jesus, you guys have to be thinking of someone else. Infante was an above average reliever last year. This year he looks different, lost his control.

'Tis the nature of the pen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:58 PM)
No reason to rant. Just assume he blows and if he has a good game give it the nod of approval or slow clap.

I meant in the offseason, grab a couple good relievers since the payroll is so low. We're not arguing. Sounds like you agree with me this is another year of losing to grab the best possible draft pick again.

Next offseason maybe if then pen is emptied. This last offseason nah

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:50 PM)
BlackSox you think Sox are trying to win this year? I don't see that in the roster at all.

As it's been said already this is a development year. Young players take time to develop. Anyone expecting this amount of youth to become instant stars is very short sighted and hasn't been watching the game for very long. There's always ups and downs with youth, it's part of the learning process.