Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:02 PM)
As it's been said already this is a development year. Young players take time to develop. Anyone expecting this amount of youth to become instant stars is very short sighted and hasn't been watching the game for very long. There's always ups and downs with youth, it's part of the learning process.

I have to disagree. We are in bad shape because we have a s***ty bullpen, plain and simple. If we lost because of young guys who are our future are learning, that'd be fine.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 12:01 AM)
No way to frame it, this is a bad loss. Real bad

I dunno about that. With the White Sox bullpen what this is, is a reality check more than a bad loss IMO. I agree it's a 'bad loss' cause of Leury's mental blunder on that ball that skipped by him but in my world all losses are expected for this final season of lousiness.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:04 PM)
Another top 5 pick lol. I’ll take it

Baseball is a sport where unless there is a Kris Bryant type, having a pick 4-15 really doesn't matter. Most players picked high end up busts anyway. The fans deserve better on a s***ty opening day than this travesty.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 12:02 AM)
I love how they try playing matchups with our bullpen stiffs like it will make any difference. Just trot any random guy out there, let them give up their 1-2 runs, then move on to the next.

Good post.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:06 PM)
No point to even keep watching.

No matter how good our offense can and will look this year, the bullpen will quickly wipe out any aspirations of being a good team...

Already turned that garbage off

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:07 PM)
Sox have played 6 games and have gotten credible to excellent starts in 5 of the 6....so there is that. The pen is a mess.

This team will be like 2014 where the pen is the main factor holding them back from being decent