Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Burdi comes back at some point and has no complications. I would imagine Fulmer eventually becomes a reliever. Jones is still around unless they trade him. They have some interesting pieces that if they bomb out as starters maybe they can become really good at getting 3 outs. Maybe they can sign a couple of guys, but they almost emptied it out last year.

Edited by Dick Allen

Obviously this game is bad, but it’s what happens when a bunch of young players press for a win. Tim didn’t step off because he’s an idiot, he stepped off because he was trying to keep game time even though it was futile.

Leury wasn’t trying to be cool, he was trying to end the game.

It sucks. But this is what will happen. Let’s chill a bit. Seems like people thought we’d be in playoffs?

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:04 PM)
I have to disagree. We are in bad shape because we have a s***ty bullpen, plain and simple. If we lost because of young guys who are our future are learning, that'd be fine.

I don't disagree but my response was to the question I responded to.

Saying the bullpen sucks is redundant. Most people on this site knew it was going to be bad this year so I'm not at all surprised. Get ready for more of this.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:10 PM)
So....what was the point of this pen that Rick assembled? Demoralizing the team as much as possible?

I think Avilan, Soria and Jones should stay, but move Jones to the closers role. EVERY ONE else send down and callup new people though after his last two games I'd like D-Farq stick around with a short leash.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:11 PM)
Obviously this game is bad, but it’s what happens when a bunch of young players press for a win. Tim didn’t step off because he’s an idiot, he stepped off because he was trying to keep game time even though it was futile.

Leury wasn’t trying to be cool, he was trying to end the game.

It sucks. But this is what will happen. Let’s chill a bit. Seems like people thought we’d be in playoffs?

+1

QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:08 PM)
I blame myself.

I made my first post on this forum precisely at the moment Leury doubled in Davidson to make it 7-3. It was all downhill from there.

That only means one thing. We have to ban you.

QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 01:08 AM)
I blame myself.

I made my first post on this forum precisely at the moment Leury doubled in Davidson to make it 7-3. It was all downhill from there.

Don't.Blame.Yourself. You are on a great message board.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 01:09 AM)
This game is going to be a big test for this team. How are they going to come back from a debilitating and embarrassing loss such as this one.

You may be right. It is pretty cold out, though. Easy to say it was the elements. Poor Leury though. He's the goat.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 01:10 AM)
So....what was the point of this pen that Rick assembled? Demoralizing the team as much as possible?

I think it was to keep the tank alive one more year. The common thought in sports is if you can't win, might as well lose as many as possible. It's been a popular thing the past couple years obviously. Cubs, Astros, Sixers, etc.