Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:18 PM)
Because like I just said, Detroit SHOULD bring a lefty in since he sucks ass as a righty. Follow now?

As a poster said, he's hitting poorly from both sides right now, so it doesn't matter.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:20 PM)
He'll be fine. R E L A X

Seriously. He's had 1-2 bad games this season and apparently the sky is falling. I'm a sabermetrics guy but jesus, it's been 6 games and people actually care about his rate stats? Watch the game, perhaps. He's hitting the ball well and has been quite unlucky, aside from today being just awful of course.

I'm not too worried about Moncada. The bullpen however is a nightmare. That should not happen at this level especially for Rick. That's just a miserable job by him assembling that trash. What happens after you trade Nate? You cant keep these young starters on short starts and have a s*** bullpen.

Honestly, this team is where the should be...

FIVE starting pitching performances mostly wasted by:

-horrific defense (Engel in Toronto, Leury today)

-gas can bullpen (today was promising with D-Farq, Avil', and Nate, then it came apart)

Yea we can beat up a 22 year old kid, but this is major league baseball, success doesn't come easy. Only thing I'd maybe do with Yoan is move him down in the order to let him regroup and hit...see the ball, hit the ball. I think he's "thinking" too much at the plate in trying to be the perfect leadoff hitter. He may not be a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:22 PM)
Seriously. He's had 1-2 bad games this season and apparently the sky is falling. I'm a sabermetrics guy but jesus, it's been 6 games and people actually care about his rate stats? Watch the game, perhaps. He's hitting the ball well and has been quite unlucky, aside from today being just awful of course.

He's been inconsistent for a while now. He'll put it together but the criticism is warranted, as many here are critical of Judge and he is lightyears ahead of Moncada.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:24 PM)
He's been inconsistent for a while now. He'll put it together but the criticism is warranted, as many here are critical of Judge and he is lightyears ahead of Moncada.

Criticism is warranted, but much of it is overboard

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:24 PM)
Yep. It reminds me of why I haven't posted in the game threads much in the past. Way too many emotional knee jerk reactions.

Yeah, it's especially funny to me that right when it started to unravel, 3-4 known trolls came out of the woodwork

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 08:25 PM)
The most important thing for Moncada is to just play. Way too early to move him down in the order.

Is moving him down in the order not playing? I think a case could be made to move him down from a mental standpoint. I get the development aspect and if you'll see my posts I have not thrown the kid under the bus, I love his potential. But IS HE putting too much pressure on himself to be a perfect leadoff hitter? Maybe letting by great pitches he can handle in an attempt to "work the count", instead of smashing the first good pitch you see?