Home Opener Game Thread! White Sox vs Tigers

TheTruth05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:50 PM)
The problem is we haven’t had a single bullpen callup show even flashes of looking like a good reliever.

If Burdi didn't get injured last year, not a doubt in my mind he would've been the first to fit that statement.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 6, 2018 -> 12:50 AM)
Semantics. This is more of a "development" year than a "tank" year.

I can buy that. I was calling for signing some good relievers in the offseason BTW. I don't like another "development year" or tank year but it is what it is. Very high draft pick this year and another in May of 2019 seems to be in the cards.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 05:52 PM)
I can buy that. I was calling for signing some good relievers in the offseason BTW. I don't like another "development year" or tank year but it is what it is. Very high draft pick this year and another in May of 2019 seems to be in the cards.

30 minutes ago we were going to be tied for first...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 06:52 PM)

Dude, we are more in the mode of trading pen guys if they get good than acquiring them at this point. We arent there yet

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 07:55 PM)
I’d mark this one down as a game where Ricky’s guys kinda quit (and Ricky too).

I'm not sure how I see that one. We rolled with our best end of game bullpen configuration with a 4 run lead and gave up the lead anyway.