Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

6 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Amazing how this trade has looked since it went down.  From Moncada struggling last year and Kopech’s surgery to Moncada being a stud this year and Chris Sale’s velocity being way down.

That Sale start was extremely concerning.  I wonder if he's hurt.

12 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Boston still wins the Sale trade in their eyes regardless of how Moncada and Kopech turn out.  I'm happy to have them as a part of our future though.

We'll see. Now that the Cubs are struggling a little, fans and the media are questioning the Chapman/Torres trade.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

We'll see. Now that the Cubs are struggling a little, fans and the media are questioning the Chapman/Torres trade.

They realize they won a World Series snapping a 108-year drought, despite 2 bad post season outings, because of him right? Dude pitched in every game and without him, they probably don't even make it to the World Series.

Edit: it's a hell of a lot better than Tatis Jr for Shields, that's for sure.

Edited by soxfan2014

MLB Network had a pretty cool breakdown of Moncada’s new approach.  Carlos Pena thinks he’s in more of hit mode instead of assuming balls and reacting too late to swing. His approach now is to swing and let the eyes be the breaks if it is a ball. It was interesting, and it makes sense. 

45 minutes ago, flavum said:

MLB Network had a pretty cool breakdown of Moncada’s new approach.  Carlos Pena thinks he’s in more of hit mode instead of assuming balls and reacting too late to swing. His approach now is to swing and let the eyes be the breaks if it is a ball. It was interesting, and it makes sense. 

Pffft Pena, he was such a complainer when joe gatto was doing push-ups

• Like 1

17 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

They realize they won a World Series snapping a 108-year drought, despite 2 bad post season outings, because of him right? Dude pitched in every game and without him, they probably don't even make it to the World Series.

Edit: it's a hell of a lot better than Tatis Jr for Shields, that's for sure.

I see people say this a lot but the Cubs already had the best record in baseball without him. They didn't need Chapman. People also seem to forget he blew 2 leads for the Cubs in their playoff run.

1 hour ago, JuliusO1274 said:

I see people say this a lot but the Cubs already had the best record in baseball without him. They didn't need Chapman. People also seem to forget he blew 2 leads for the Cubs in their playoff run.

The whole Cub thingy has really lost its mojo since MMXVI. Not to worry.

6 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Honestly they probably would have blown more leads without him. He was good in every game except 2.