Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

Just wondering, why did you hate him so much? He balled out for a couple seasons. 

Every fan has his own eye test.  Why do you want to use the eye test of someone else.  I think this is particularly true of framing statistics.

9 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Up to 2.2 fWAR, slashing .294/.348/.508/.856 with a 129 wRC+, and an xwOBA/wOBA ratio that suggests it's not a fluke. A small part of me misses arguing with people who thought he was a bust after one average season. 

One by one all of the prospects are starting come into their own.  This has been a good year for development.

• Haha 1

Ah, I remember this thread. Good times. 

Yoan is developing into a stud. When Kopech comes back next year - (with how Giolito is pitching) the Eaton and Sale trades will both be complete as unanimous successes. 

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Eloy Jiménez said:

Agreed with a couple of things to add. 

• I think you can pay McCann nicely and shore up C for a short while.  
  • While we don't have one in the majors yet, 2B is probably Nick Madrigal's at some point.  He could bust but it's too early to tell.
  • RF is the tricky one.  If Eloy has to be in the outfield, it will be hard to hide poor defense in the outfield.

McCann should be a priority. In spite of what some say. 

Nice to see him having a very solid season. Augers well for the future.

Regarding Rios who actually wasn't a bad player but remember onemore than one occasion Ozzie pulled him out of a game for not hustling. That put him on the shit list for many Sox fans (and I can't blame them for that.)

53 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Up to 2.2 fWAR, slashing .294/.348/.508/.856 with a 129 wRC+, and an xwOBA/wOBA ratio that suggests it's not a fluke. A small part of me misses arguing with people who thought he was a bust after one average season. 

He’s already surpassed his fWAR total from last season and this season isn’t even yet half way complete.

2 hours ago, pcq said:

McCann should be a priority. In spite of what some say. 

Why?  He is under control for next year.  He has never hit like this before.  If you extend him now, you may be throwing away money.  If he comes back next year and hits like he did in Detroit, you may not want him long-term.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

28th in fWAR now for all qualified hitters at 2.1.  A tick behind Acuna Jr who has 2.2.  The talent at 3B in MLB right now is pretty crazy.  Moncada is 28th in MLB in fWAR but is 10th among 3B!

Wasting his bat at 3B IMO

25 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Perhaps, but the Sox haven't exactly been able to produce 5 WAR 3B either.   If Madrigal does turn out to be a solid regular and Moncada keeps up the glovework at 3B then things will work out nicely for once.

It'll definitely make the Sox better longterm. I get it, Moncada is probably all star bound (for many years) putting up these numbers at 2B. I think most of us knew though that this was going to happen as 3B is much, much deeper with elite players in baseball. But if Madrigal is as good as he is projected to be (no jokes @fathom lol) then it's beneficial for our team in the long run. And this is not even accounting for Moncada's upside down the road too.

43 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

It'll definitely make the Sox better longterm. I get it, Moncada is probably all star bound (for many years) putting up these numbers at 2B. I think most of us knew though that this was going to happen as 3B is much, much deeper with elite players in baseball. But if Madrigal is as good as he is projected to be (no jokes @fathom lol) then it's beneficial for our team in the long run. And this is not even accounting for Moncada's upside down the road too.

My preference is elite Yoan at second, elite Rendon at third, and trade Madrigal in a package for a TOR arm on a non contending team that is selling. Even if Madrigal is an all star, we won't feel bad having Moncada, Rendon, and a TOR arm. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

My preference is elite Yoan at second, elite Rendon at third, and trade Madrigal in a package for a TOR arm on a non contending team that is selling. Even if Madrigal is an all star, we won't feel bad having Moncada, Rendon, and a TOR arm. 

I want Madrigal on this team for the foreseeable future.

• Haha 1

It surprises me that anyone would think the Sox will land an elite free agent and would develop Moncada based on that. This is where the Sox should be maximizing the in house potential, which it seems to me they are. 

43 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yoan is the best and most important player in the organization.

I see where you are coming from but would need to see Robert for a period of time before making this proclamation.  Giolito, Kopech and Cease are pretty darn important as well.