Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

Seriously, a sustained period of competitive baseball and multiple postseason appearances is enough for me. I've thought since the beginning that I don't think the Sox need to win a championship for the rebuild to be deemed a success. We did the one-off World Series win already.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:11 PM, 3GamesToLove said:

Seriously, a sustained period of competitive baseball and multiple postseason appearances is enough for me. I've thought since the beginning that I don't think the Sox need to win a championship for the rebuild to be deemed a success. We did the one-off World Series win already.

Agree completely. I'd be ecstatic if the Sox made the playoffs three years in a row or four out of five. Even if they fell on their faces in the postseason, getting there in the first place indicates you've got a pretty good club. That would be a very refreshing change. One you get to October it's a crap shoot like Jerry Koosman told me, one freak injury, one bad bounce, one blown call by a bad umpire and you can be D.O.A.

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Agree completely. I'd be ecstatic if the Sox made the playoffs three years in a row or four out of five. Even if they fell on their faces in the postseason, getting there in the first place indicates you've got a pretty good club. That would be a very refreshing change. One you get to October it's a crap shoot like Jerry Koosman told me, one freak injury, one bad bounce, one blown call by a bad umpire and you can be D.O.A.

I'd bet the Nationals fans see it differently.  Their team plays the best season but choke big time on the post season.

9 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I'd bet the Nationals fans see it differently.  Their team plays the best season but choke big time on the post season.

Given that the White Sox are the only one of the original 16 Major League teams to have NEVER made the post season in consecutive years....I'd happily take that issue myself. Which is why I said what I did in my original post.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Given that the White Sox are the only one of the original 16 Major League teams to have NEVER made the post season in consecutive years....I'd happily take that issue myself. Which is why I said what I did in my original post.

Same here.  I'd hate the have the frustrations the Nationals fans went through.

5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's okay.

OK good missed the game today.  Saw he had a couple doubles in the box.

edit: christ with a couple walks as well.  helluva day in the box.  kid is turning into a superstar it's been a minute since we saw that.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

OK good missed the game today.  Saw he had a couple doubles in the box.

edit: christ with a couple walks as well.  helluva day in the box.  kid is turning into a superstar it's been a minute since we saw that.

On pace for 6+ WAR.  If only he actually stole bases.

13 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

When Madrigal and Robert get here they'll have 3 30+ base stealers. No need to risk a broken finger, hand or wrist with Moncada.

Can't wait for that brand of baseball.  Speed shows up every day.

8 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

27.3% K rate. less than 24% since June 1 (1.1+ OPS since that time).

BABIP is a bit up compared to his average, but he's been so fricking hot how could it not be?

Top 5 MVP candidate and he could win it.

The only way he wins MVP is if Trout retires today. 

It's crazy how much he has lifted my expectations. I think I would have zeroed in on 28% k rate as the place to be this year, but I remember just wanting him to move his productivity on 0-2 counts as a RH to bad level from awful.

Now he is even a good RH htter! Development is a real thing I guess, and the fact that nothing can replicate getting more reps against major league left handers except facing it as much as you can.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The votesr do seemingly look for anyone else than Trout to vote for though. Dude should have won 6 MVPs already.

Yeah but those guys are going to vote LeMahieu or Bregman, because playoffs.