Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

On 8/1/2018 at 11:32 AM, The Mighty Mite said:

The first thing I did when we traded for Moncada was to look at his Minor league stats and said to myself; what's so great about this guy that we traded away the best pitcher in the AL for him.  A friend of mine who is a Red Sox fan told me what bothered him was giving up Basabe in the trade to us but not Moncada.

On 8/1/2018 at 6:07 PM, WBWSF said:

Last night after Moncada struck out to end the game (his 3rd strikeout of the game) some of the fans started booing. Maybe this lovefest with Moncada and  this rebuild is starting to come to an end. It seems that alot of White Sox fans are tired of this losing.

On 8/1/2018 at 6:06 AM, Flash said:

Wish I could be more optimistic but I see these trends continuing, which is why its a bit disappointing we were relatively quiet at deadline. Pirates have an abundance of middle infeilders in high minors. Anderson and Moncada can't be the answers.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:32 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Yoan Moncada wRC+ =95

Alen Hanson wRC+= 108

On 7/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

He was listed in the honorable mention column along with Tim Anderson and Eloy. You wouldn't know by reading around here, but Moncada's stock is way down with the national guys. The guy has over 550 career at bats and has ops of 735. That is nothing to write home about.

The Sox don't have a single player in the FG top 50. Fernando Tatis is listed at #39. That tells me all I need to know about the state of the Sox rebuild right there. 

On 8/2/2018 at 5:53 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

His numbers are pedestrian across the board and down from 2017 in almost every category. 

What happened with Boston almost two years ago is  ancient history at this point. 

Also, have you looked at his defensive numbers this year? They are pretty atrocious. 

Here are some fun numbers to digest. 

Kyle Schwarber 2018 DRS=4, 2018 UZR=6.4

Yoan Moncada 2018 DRS=1, 2018 UZR= -3.0

On 8/2/2018 at 6:46 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

I'm just trying to figure out what parts of Moncada's game have improved so far in 2018.

The kid can't even field his position as well as Kyle freaking Schwarber. 

On 8/2/2018 at 7:48 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Moncada's defensive numbers are not improving though. 

Some highly touted prospects never reach their ceiling or even come close to it. So far that seems to be the course that Moncada is taking. 

On 8/2/2018 at 8:19 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Moncada DRS 2017 =6

Moncada DRS 2018=1 

His numbers are going the wrong way very quickly and there is no guarantee they ever improve. Moncada is nothing more than a paper tiger at this point in his career. 

On 8/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, Flash said:

Curious what trade value Moncada might have. How would opposing GMs view his value? Could he bring back a 55 FV SS or 3B prospect?

On 8/2/2018 at 9:57 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

Dude, do not ask questions like this around here. All thoughts, opinions,and questions about Moncada must only be positive and uplifting in nature. 

Moncada's value has cratered since the Sox traded for him. Hahn would get laughed out of the room if he tried to trade him one for one for a young second baseman like Albies or Torres.

Former Sox castaway Alen Hansen is currently a better player than Moncada. That should tell you all you need to know.

Hahn should have stood firm with Boston and gotten Bentintendi instead of Moncada but a bad gm is a bad gm.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:35 PM, footlongcomiskeydog said:

I have posts in other threads that have nothing to do with Moncada. 

You also need to look around a little. Anytime anyone brings up anything negative about Moncada they are quickly swarmed by a few select posters quickly coming to his defense and reaffirming the party line that everything is okay.

The Sox have been selling this kid as a Porsche from the moment they traded for him. It's too bad that he looks like a Toyota Corrolla at this point.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, Flash said:

Lol...Moncada, even when he was #1 on MilB prospect lists was a 65 FV...same as Giolito (who was ranked 3rd). It is unlikely either would still be rated as high based on their MLB performances. Your example of Urias for Moncada is not as obvious as you portray. Swap Tatis for Urias and SD would definitely decline, as would Toronto if you swapped Bichette for Vlad Jr. You, along with many others on this board have bought in on the hype which was largely based upon his tools as he progressed through the minor leagues. He has never been more than a tooled up prospect. If you want to see what its supposed to look like, check out Acuna, Soto and Torres to name a few 65-70 FV prospects whose performances befit their tools.

This thread is an absolute blast with some legendary hot takes.  I skimmed through pages 45 to 55 and here are some of my favorite posts.  Good thing Tommy Longo isn’t around to read his “awesome” takes, although One Dog has seemed to take his spiritual place.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This thread is an absolute blast with some legendary hot takes.  I skimmed through pages 45 to 55 and here are some of my favorite posts.  Good thing Tommy Longo isn’t around to read his “awesome” takes, although One Dog has seemed to take his spiritual place.

You never know. It's possible he's lurking. However, it may be no coincidence that Tom Longo and SS2K5 disappeared at the same time

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Alen Hanson one... thanks for doing this it was fun to read 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thank you, sir.  Not often is a post on a fan message board a public service.

• Thanks 2

People were so excited to get out in front of the Moncada sucks train to feel smart should he have always been meh. 

I’ll be the first to admit I was way down on giolito, and was only hoping for a competent major leaguer, but I never got the quitting on Moncada. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1