Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

27 minutes ago, mqr said:

I was told he doesn't care. 

I LOVE Moncada and will never blast him but who wouldn't want to go to Arizona for a couple weeks in the winter to take some hacks in the batting cage and talk baseball with Sox instructors? I think it's a no brainer to go take a few thousand swings and enjoy the non snow.

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I LOVE Moncada and will never blast him but who wouldn't want to go to Arizona for a couple weeks in the winter to take some hacks in the batting cage and talk baseball with Sox instructors? I think it's a no brainer to go take a few thousand swings and enjoy the non snow.

I'm pretty sure Yoan moncada doesnt live in Chicago in the off season.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I get your point but it seems he accomplished something with the time spent.  I would like to see Eloy do this as well.   Heck...invite Abreu and they can have a party.

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I get your point but it seems he accomplished something with the time spent.  I would like to see Eloy do this as well.   Heck...invite Abreu and they can have a party.

Yeah I assume it's useful. No doubt. But it's also nirvana if you are a hitter and can hit in the cages and/or even the field with some locals chasing down the balls. Also the bitter cold weather truly sucks in the offseason. Biting cold wind chills and ice.

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yeah I assume it's useful. No doubt. But it's also nirvana if you are a hitter and can hit in the cages and/or even the field with some locals chasing down the balls. Also the bitter cold weather truly sucks in the offseason. Biting cold wind chills and ice.

In Miami? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

In Miami? :lol:

If he lives in Miami I guess my assertion is offbase. There are still worse places to be in the winter for a month than Arizona with folks pitching to you for a few hours a day. But my bad if he lives in Miami.

36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If he lives in Miami I guess my assertion is offbase. There are still worse places to be in the winter for a month than Arizona with folks pitching to you for a few hours a day. But my bad if he lives in Miami.

Dude he's Cuban. Of course he lives in Miami during the offseason. Miami has the largest population of Cubans outside of Cuba. 

Now I don't know who the real Moncada is. This was before today's 0-4. This guy looks a lot like 2018 Moncada. Thanks, Josh for ruining my day. Now I guess you have to call into question his entire 1st half this season. I don't think I'd extend him until I see it again now. I still believe in his talent, but this is really scary. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Now I don't know who the real Moncada is. This was before today's 0-4. This guy looks a lot like 2018 Moncada. Thanks, Josh for ruining my day. Now I guess you have to call into question his entire 1st half this season. I don't think I'd extend him until I see it again now. I still believe in his talent, but this is really scary. 

You're over-reacting. He's had a few injuries, and all guys have slumps. He's taken huge steps forward this year and we should be nothing but happy about that.

8 minutes ago, Sarava said:

You're over-reacting. He's had a few injuries, and all guys have slumps. He's taken huge steps forward this year and we should be nothing but happy about that.

You're probably right about overreacting, but has he really taken huge steps forward or was it just a temporary blip? Those numbers look a lot like 2018, if not worse. Have the pitchers found new areas to exploit him? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You're probably right about overreacting, but has he really taken huge steps forward or was it just a temporary blip? Those numbers look a lot like 2018, if not worse. Have the pitchers found new areas to exploit him? 

If only all our players where struggling like Moncada.🙂

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I love Moncada and will never criticize his game. However nobody is perfect. People could criticize aspects of his play this season just like my fave, Jose. That said ... posters who read me know I love Moncada.

Ok, I dug deeper into the 1st half /2nd half splits, and I found the following: 

1. Moncada has only played 27 games that could be considered "2nd half" 

2. 11 of them are in the last week and a half, when he's been mired in a slump. 

3. Therefore, that tweet is misleading and seems to be promoting this "soxmachine agenda" that this has been a bad season for the rebuild. 

I know that Moncada's been on the IL for a while, but I didn't realize he'd missed that many games. 27 games is no big deal, and his 1.5 week slump has been instrumental in dragging those numbers down. The last week and a half weighs heavily into those numbers. 

/rational Jack

Edited by Jack Parkman

21 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Dude, do you ever learn with these ridiculous overreactions?

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dude, do you ever learn with these ridiculous overreactions?

Read below. The slump he's been in over the last 2 weeks or so make it look worse than it is. It was an intentionally misleading tweet. 

52 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ok, I dug deeper into the 1st half /2nd half splits, and I found the following: 

1. Moncada has only played 27 games that could be considered "2nd half" 

2. 11 of them are in the last week and a half, when he's been mired in a slump. 

3. Therefore, that tweet is misleading and seems to be promoting this "soxmachine agenda" that this has been a bad season for the rebuild. 

I know that Moncada's been on the IL for a while, but I didn't realize he'd missed that many games. 27 games is no big deal, and his 1.5 week slump has been instrumental in dragging those numbers down. The last week and a half weighs heavily into those numbers. 

/rational Jack

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Then before making overreactions you've become known for, maybe you don't post the first thought that comes into your head when you see said tweet, read up on those numbers like you did in your follow up post, and the reputation you've built up with subside. Just some advice. 

Thanks.