Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

Wading into too many threads lately that are wildly off topic.  Guess it's September in another horrendous year for the Sox.  He's been in a slump but frankly I can't even muster a care about it.  Season is effectively an exercise in futility at this point.  Everybody is ready for fishing season.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

22 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Amazing that Josh finds himself as a "voice of reason and reality" when he misrepresents numbers holistically by adding "second half." Implying that some large chunk of the season was a big struggle and not the 11 games he's been in a slump that all baseball players experience. 

And then he mocks anyone who considers him to be "negative" when it's one of the most apt descriptions possible. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Amazing that Josh finds himself as a "voice of reason and reality" when he misrepresents numbers holistically by adding "second half." Implying that some large chunk of the season was a big struggle and not the 11 games he's been in a slump that all baseball players experience. 

SoxMachine guys are the worst.  I can't figure out if they really believe what they tweet or its a strategy for increasing their visibility.

19 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

SoxMachine guys are the worst.  I can't figure out if they really believe what they tweet or its a strategy for increasing their visibility.

Everybody is just frustrated.  It's that simple.  The tweet was stupid but frustrated fans say stupid things, like most people.   On the other side of things, Josh and Jim and Pnoles profit off covering the White Sox and should try and maintain some professional objectivity.   Tweeting a misleading stat like that (given the ultra small sample size and month of injury) should be above them as professionals.

But "Moncada struggling with timing after injury" doesn't sell as much as "Moncada regressing to mediocre again".  He's still in the top 25 in fWAR/PA.  These injuries in the middle of the season are just horrible for guys.  Completely screws up the next 100 or so PA after they get back.  

Moncada needs to adjust his training imo.  He's had way too many hamstring problems for a young buck.  He needs to figure something else out in the off season.

38 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Margalus was on Hit and Run Sunday making the argument that this has been a horrible year for the rebuild.....if this year was horrible what did that make 2018, Jim? Those guys are insufferable eeyores, and that's coming from me who I'd like to say is cautiously optimistic, but reserves some room for deserved skepticism. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Margalus was on Hit and Run Sunday making the argument that this has been a horrible year for the rebuild.....if this year was horrible what did that make 2018, Jim? Those guys are insufferable eeyores, and that's coming from me who I'd like to say is cautiously optimistic, but reserves some room for deserved skepticism. 

Anyone saying it’s been a bad year for the rebuild is insane. Coming into the season, these were the following players that really mattered going forward....

Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Giolito, Lopez, Cease, Robert, Madrigal

Of that group, 5 of them have had great years and 3 have underachieved.  That’s not bad considering how uncertain these talents were.  I’m more concerned about the coaching in this organization than the talent right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Anyone saying it’s been a bad year for the rebuild is insane. Coming into the season, these were the following players that really mattered going forward....

Of that group, 5 of them have had great years and 3 have underachieved.  That’s not bad considering how uncertain these talents were.  I’m more concerned about the coaching in this organization than the talent right now.

We're pretty much on the same page with most things. You're better at conveying your thoughts without sounding overly negative than I am. A lot of my posts are misinterpreted. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's a dolt. I heard a bit of it cut from Twitter, his argument on Giolito being a positive was "Well at this time last year, Lopez was looking good and Giolito looked like a disaster, and this year that's flipped, so it's kind of a net wash, if you know what I mean." 

No Jim, I don't know what that means because it's batshit crazy logic that makes no sense. But keep on keeping on. 

Giolito's 2019 is infinitely better than Lopez's 2018. To make that argument is beyond asinine. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's a dolt. I heard a bit of it cut from Twitter, his argument on Giolito being a positive was "Well at this time last year, Lopez was looking good and Giolito looked like a disaster, and this year that's flipped, so it's kind of a net wash, if you know what I mean." 

No Jim, I don't know what that means because it's batshit crazy logic that makes no sense. But keep on keeping on. 

lol, that perfectly sums up Jim logic.  I can't listen to his podcast.  He's an odd mix of throwaway logic like that and "serious analysis".  Not sure how serious I can take his analysis when he's throwing out doozies like that a minute prior.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Everybody is just frustrated.  It's that simple.  The tweet was stupid but frustrated fans say stupid things, like most people.   On the other side of things, Josh and Jim and Pnoles profit off covering the White Sox and should try and maintain some professional objectivity.   Tweeting a misleading stat like that (given the ultra small sample size and month of injury) should be above them as professionals.

But "Moncada struggling with timing after injury" doesn't sell as much as "Moncada regressing to mediocre again".  He's still in the top 25 in fWAR/PA.  These injuries in the middle of the season are just horrible for guys.  Completely screws up the next 100 or so PA after they get back.  

Moncada needs to adjust his training imo.  He's had way too many hamstring problems for a young buck.  He needs to figure something else out in the off season.

some guys are just "twitchy" and there isn't much you can do about it. however, it would be interesting to see his off season strength program.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, caulfield12 said:

Apparently you've never read The Catcher in the Rye...or you wouldn't be making the same spelling mistake over and over again.

Personally, I think that you named yourself after Holden is the most “Caulfield moment” ever.

16 hours ago, fathom said:

Who are the 3 underachievers?  Robert named twice so I presume you mean 2-3  underachievers.  I personally am happy where all 7 players are in their development.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Who are the 3 underachievers?  Robert named twice so I presume you mean 2-3  underachievers.  I personally am happy where all 7 players are in their development.

I'm assuming he means Cease, Lopez, and maybe Jimenez, but I would definitely disagree on Jimenez and would push back on the other two as well. 

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

Sorry, meant Timmy instead of one of the Robert mentions. To me, Eloy/Cease/Lopez are the underachievers 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sorry, meant Timmy instead of one of the Robert mentions. To me, Eloy/Cease/Lopez are the underachievers 

Cease and Eloy are fine - theyve showed flashes and their tools have been on display. 

Lopez for sure - he is far too inconsistent and just flat out bad at times for how long he's been around.

Eloy needs to elevate, start pulling the ball, and have a better plan at the plate.

Cease obviously has to fix his control and come up with a new pregame strategy for the first couple innings.

Lopez is who concerns me the most.  He needs another pitch he can get swinging strikes with and fix command.  Most games he is a 2 pitch pitcher.

I'm not really worried about Eloy at all and not so much Cease either.