Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

31 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I have said before that he is better IMO than what I expected.  He has caught the routine stuff and actually thrown in a few surprisingly good catches.  Eloy defense is very low on my worry list.

Did you expect him to be blind out there?

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Eloy looked pretty decent in the OF in between his injuries.  I think he has the ability to be an average defender if he works at it and doesn't put on too much weight.  But yah, he's never going to be good out there.    

Tell him he's our left fielder. Case closed. Tell him it's up to him to get better this offseason. Outline where he needs to go; what he needs to do. Give him October and November off then ship him to Arizona for January, then give him a few weeks off before start of spring training.

He's such a good hitter; it's up to him to field a bit.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We'll wait until the end of the season to bust @The Sir's balls. Both are teetering right now. 

Kid has had a helluva year.  Scary thing is he might only be scratching the surface.  If he can boost his defense up another level (or avoid the early season errors he had this year really), add in another 10-15 steals and stay health he could be looking at a 6-8 WAR prime.  It really won't take a lot of improvement.  He'll regress some with BABIP but I expect his walk rate to increase next year as he gets avoided more often and his approach continues to mature.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Kid has had a helluva year.  Scary thing is he might only be scratching the surface.  If he can boost his defense up another level (or avoid the early season errors he had this year really), add in another 10-15 steals and stay health he could be looking at a 6-8 WAR prime.  It really won't take a lot of improvement.  He'll regress some with BABIP but I expect his walk rate to increase next year as he gets avoided more often and his approach continues to mature.

QFT. He's so talented. I think there's going to be a point where Moncada is a clear #2 in baseball to Trout. He might rival him during individual seasons in his late 20s. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Well, people bust my balls about stuff. If you could direct me to it, that would be nice. 

I think it was in some minor league game thread. I can try to find it later today. All I remember is reading a post of his that mentioned Moncada and making a mental note to not bother him at the end of the season :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 12:01 AM, The Sir said:

He might have, already. I see everything in patterns. So when Moncada started hot, I figured it’d follow last year’s trajectory. Hot start, big slump, sight boost late, mediocre overall. I was being sincere when I said I didn’t think he’d OPS .800. But he’s only gotten better since I said that. Maybe I should ditch my obsession with seeing patterns in everything.

@Jack Parkman Actually that didn't take long, I think this was it

29 minutes ago, The Sir said:

As long as you're prepared for me to venture over to the Job Thread and remorselessly kick you in the nuts for every single non-baseball hot take...😆

Dude we have a completely different worldview. If you want to do discuss that stuff let's take it to PM. I'm down. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, The Sir said:

As long as you're prepared for me to venture over to the Job Thread and remorselessly kick you in the nuts for every single non-baseball hot take...😆

Why are you bringing up somebody's personal stuff/views into a baseball thread in regards to what you said about Moncada? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Why are you bringing up somebody's personal stuff/views into a baseball thread in regards to what you said about Moncada? 

Geez. It was a tongue-in-cheek response to him talking about nagging about my Moncada comments, but thank you for policing the internet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Geez. It was a tongue-in-cheek response to him talking about nagging about my Moncada comments, but thank you for policing the internet.

I mean... Parkman has been wrong alot on this board. You could've went alot of ways baseball related on what he's said lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

If you guys haven't noticed, Yoan Moncada is a f***ing superstar

Would be "on pace" for about 7 fWAR if he didn't miss about 35 games.  Still is going to finish over 5 unless he absolutely craters over the last 3 weeks.  21st in MLB in fWAR at the moment and t30th in wRC+.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn has to find a way to lock up Moncada this offseason.  While buying out two free agent years would be ideal, even one would be a huge win IMO.

It would take an AAV around 25 million and a number starting with "3" on the total amount.  Not happening in our wildest dreams.