Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

That works, too.  What do you think it'll take to get Nimmo?

I think it could get done without any of our top 4 prospects or any major pieces already at the MLB level.

I've previously suggested Steiver + Rutherford + Cody Heuer.  I think that gets you close, if not there.  

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think it could get done without any of our top 4 prospects or any major leagues already at the MLB level.

I've previously suggested Steiver + Rutherford + Cody Heuer.  I think that gets you close, if not there.  

I wouldn't hate that, but considering how much money we have to work with, I think trades should be considered a last resort.

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

I wouldn't hate that, but considering how much money we have to work with, I think trades should be considered a last resort.

Yah...it has been discussed ad nauseam and not really a great fit for a Moncada thread.

But what we need in RF, this FA market does not provide.  

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah...it has been discussed ad nauseam and not really a great fit for a Moncada thread.

But what we need in RF, this FA market does not provide.  

Yeah, would it be possible for somebody to take all of these lineup posts and discussion and move them to the Future Lineup thread?

I agree that the FA market isn't great for RF. But what are the chances that we would win a World Series with Nimmo instead of Calhoun (and all other things being equal)? In other words, if the trade doesn't put you over the top, why give away prospects when we could just wait until next year to see if one of our prospects is the answer or if there is somebody who is a FA after next year that could help?

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

This will be filled by someone outside the organization, I'm about 95% on that at this point. 

On a long term basis, or just until our glut of OFers is ready? I don't know if I want to sign a Castellanos or similar for a few years without finding out what we have in Adolfo/Basabe/Rutherford/Gonzalez/Walker...

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Potential 2021 lineup maybe.  I'd put Adolfo in RF over Walker at this juncture though.  

Personally, not with Adolfo's injury concerns. Between that and his astronomical K rate this year, he's moving out of prospect territory for me.

15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Nimmo is a former client. The Mets can keep him.  Trade for the better player.

Nimmo is literally exactly what this team needs in RF.  Very high OBP.  Controlled for 3 years.  Plays above average defense.  His warts are his injury history, but without that, he would't be available.  

26 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Nimmo is literally exactly what this team needs in RF.  Very high OBP.  Controlled for 3 years.  Plays above average defense.  His warts are his injury history, but without that, he would't be available.  

Conforto has a very high OBP, is controlled for 2 years, plays above avg defense, can hit lots of home runs and can stay healthy.

9 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Conforto has a very high OBP, is controlled for 2 years, plays above avg defense, can hit lots of home runs and can stay healthy.

Conforto is great.  He'd likely also cost a fortune to acquire.  They'd probably want Robert or Kopech.  Which obviously is a non starter.  But realistically to get a deal done, definitely one of Madrigal/Vaughn would be included.  Definitely one of the next tier of prospects Dunning/Walker/Stiever.  Then a couple more guys we'd rather not part with.    I just don't see it as very realistic, thought I do agree he'd be a fantastic fit, albeit 2 years is a little less than I'd want to acquire when giving up what it would require.  

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Harold's Leg Lift is quoted as saying he's happy to send a package to the Mets of Vaughn-Madigral-Cease for Conforto........so yeah...

Yah.  That's just not going to happen, nor should it.  We didn't rebuild to trade half of our young core players for a guy with 2 years of control.  

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Conforto is great.  He'd likely also cost a fortune to acquire.  They'd probably want Robert or Kopech.  Which obviously is a non starter.  But realistically to get a deal done, definitely one of Madrigal/Vaughn would be included.  Definitely one of the next tier of prospects Dunning/Walker/Stiever.  Then a couple more guys we'd rather not part with.    I just don't see it as very realistic, thought I do agree he'd be a fantastic fit, albeit 2 years is a little less than I'd want to acquire when giving up what it would require.  

It wouldn't take Vaughn. I think even Van Weenie would see Vaughn and Alonso as redundant.  I'd trade Madrigal in a hot second.  

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It wouldn't take Vaughn. I think even Van Weenie would see Vaughn and Alonso as redundant.  I'd trade Madrigal in a hot second.  

In the right deal, Madrigal is movable. I doubt it will happen though...and ultimately we’re going to be happy he’s on our team making every play and getting knocks and scoring runs.

47 minutes ago, flavum said:

In the right deal, Madrigal is movable. I doubt it will happen though...and ultimately we’re going to be happy he’s on our team making every play and getting knocks and scoring runs.

Madrigal is our 2B for the next 7 seasons.  Don't really see what trading him solves as it just creates another hole we need to fill.  No thanks.  

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Madrigal is our 2B for the next 7 seasons.  Don't really see what trading him solves as it just creates another hole we need to fill.  No thanks.  

Yea. Just too premium of a talent at a premium position to trade for an outfielder.  To me, 2 years of Conforto isn’t enough for Madrigal.  I’m sure the Mets see it the other way so everybody tells everybody to go fuck themselves cuz the deal sucks. 

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

We need to move Madrigal so we can continue to play Yolmer Sanchez. Duh.