Moncada

Buehrle>Wood

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Only stupid ass Renteria would move Moncada out of the 2 spot after this start

Renteria is.........Idk how to describe it these days but if "moron" is still acceptable I'd use that. He doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. 

image.jpeg

Anyway, if this guy is the real Moncada, he's a lock for 5+WAR annually going forward. Would not shock me if both Moncada and Robert become perrenial 6+ WAR players, in fact I think it is likely. IMO both Moncada and Robert will be better than Eloy in terms of WAR,  because Eloy has limited defensive value. Those 3 are going to pulverize baseballs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Who hits more homeruns this year? Yoan or Eloy? 

Yoan is locked in and it is not even warm weather yet...I will go with Yoan but I think it will be close once Eloy heats up, which he will!!

1 hour ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Who hits more homeruns this year? Yoan or Eloy? 

If both healthy, Eloy and I don't think it will be very close. I don't see Moncada hitting any more than 25 or so this year while I think Eloy can get hot a few times and rattle off a bunch in a week's time. leaving him in the mid 30s 

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Only stupid ass Renteria would move Moncada out of the 2 spot after this start

I'd leave him alone based on his start, but it makes a little sense.  He has career OPS of .611 versus LHP as opposed to .782 against RHP. 

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

New season, new approach. Leave him in the 2-spot until he struggles.

As I said, I would have left him alone.  Renteria sucks at his job.  This is nothing new, and it won't change.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I bumped this thread last Saturday and now the baseball community is starting to take notice, SSS or not...

https://community.fangraphs.com/is-yoan-moncadas-breakout-coming/

It's early but the umps seems to be giving him more respect this year, especially on the inside corner.  Moncada has a really good eye he should get the benefit of the doubt more often than not from the ump.  If he doesn't have to cover an extra 3 inches inside like last year it's going to make his bat a lot quicker.

16 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Sure glad we didn't waste our limited resources on that other guy they were interested in.

But imagine this lineup with Moncada, Harper, Abreu, and Abreu. That would have been loads of fun. Oh well, gotta add JDM this winter and hopefully Robert, Madrigal, and Collins to the mix sometime next year if not sooner in Collins’ case.

59 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I hope if Moncada proves himself that Sox are committed to giving him a long term extension. Man I wish all of these extensions were lining up with having Manny on roster but either way good to see Yoan starting red hot! 

I agree 100%.  Extensions are the way we need to operate instead of these free agent follies.  I see where Sox were talking to Dylan Cease people during ST.  Hope the have those same talks with Madrigal, Robert, Kopech and Rondon.  

17 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But imagine this lineup with Moncada, Harper, Abreu, and Abreu. That would have been loads of fun. Oh well, gotta add JDM this winter and hopefully Robert, Madrigal, and Collins to the mix sometime next year if not sooner in Collins’ case.

Two Abreu's would be pretty awesome.  

5 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's early but the umps seems to be giving him more respect this year, especially on the inside corner.  Moncada has a really good eye he should get the benefit of the doubt more often than not from the ump.  If he doesn't have to cover an extra 3 inches inside like last year it's going to make his bat a lot quicker.

I'm sure he won the umps' respect in the unwritten ump rulebook. He never complained on all those strike three calls and they probably took notice.

20 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm sure he won the umps' respect in the unwritten ump rulebook. He never complained on all those strike three calls and they probably took notice.

I actually think this is a great point...and most likely true.

• Like 1