April 7th Game Thread: White Sox vs. Tigers

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 01:47 PM)
Such a headcase at the plate. Already changed his swing from spring training

Exactly, and again, what good is speed if the guy is never on base to use it? At that point it's f***ing useless.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 11:46 AM)
Ok why ? You over reacted a few games ago on Davidson too.

Engel hit .160 last year, and his MiLB stats don’t really suggest a greater ability. His rope ought to be very short. Give us Cordell.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 11:46 AM)
more bad luck for Moncada, FFS.

Bad luck? The dude has 12 Ks in 32 PAs. Sure, he hit that ball hard, but bad luck is not the cause of his overall struggles.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 06:48 PM)
Exactly, and again, what good is speed if the guy is never on base to use it? At that point it's f***ing useless.

Not sure how with his current swing he can ever get on top of a pitch. Meanwhile, Giolito has some of the same stuff/command from last game.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 01:51 PM)
Bad luck? The dude has 12 Ks in 32 PAs. Sure, he hit that ball hard, but bad luck is not the cause of his overall struggles.

Yea but that was another smoked ball right at someone, by definition isn't it bad luck?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 11:51 AM)
PS. That's 4 walks for Tim in 7 games.

That’d be amazing. If you plugged that walk rate into his output from last year, his OPS rises to .760. And that’s not accounting for the fact that greater patience probably leads to a better BA and SLG.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 11:47 AM)
lol, how does one "over react" when the players in question had over 800 combined PA last year and were over -2 fWAR combined.

I'm not over reacting to this year I'm reacting to bad players that have sucked for a long time on the south side.

I get it. However in a year the Sox aren't going to compete guys like Engel and Davidson need to get every chance to improve. Avi did,Yolmer and Leury showing signs they will. I know Engel is older and has no pedigree like Moncada who you constantly defend but I'd expect more from a guy who supposedly played the game like you. Give him some credit at least he had a good AB. I just think you biases show up too much in game threads.

QUOTE (mac9001 @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 07:01 PM)
I don't think Giolito has thrown a single breaking ball for a strike this year. As poor as his fastball command has been today it's surprising he isn't getting totally lit up.

Hasn't exactly faced good offenses