• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:05 PM)
HILLARIOUS!!!!!11

Giolito is 23 years old and has had his mechanics completely torn down and rebuilt. I know it ruins your Saturday for him to give up two runs in the 3rd inning, but it helps no one to remove him in the third inning.

Amazes me how quickly people forget this is a rebuilding year, and is, in fact, contrary to what a lot of people believe, supposed to be the most difficult year of the rebuilding process to watch. The development year. These things are going to happen. Not only will they happen, but they will happen a lot this year. People better get used to it or start watching something else. Me personally, not looking for Ws. They are secondary. I'm watching for how these guys learn and grow. That's the fun part of this year.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:05 PM)
HILLARIOUS!!!!!11

Giolito is 23 years old and has had his mechanics completely torn down and rebuilt. I know it ruins your Saturday for him to give up two runs in the 3rd inning, but it helps no one to remove him in the third inning.

Relax dude. I don't want the bullpen up EVER. They stink (except for Nate) .... Gio is struggling but it's a joke to put in the pen this early, unless I want to see a softball score come across the screen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:10 PM)
Davidson great eye this year

I think that's the big thing to watch from him in terms of early indicators that he's a different guy from last year.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 07:15 PM)
Abreu has always looked bad in the cold (which could be a problem in the future, ha)

But I agree, it’s hard to quantify but you can see it

Giolito, Abreu and Castillo look like they're in slow motion

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:16 PM)
Giolito, Abreu and Castillo look like they're in slow motion

Castillo in particular has looked half-there most of the season thus far for me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:18 PM)
Yet looked good in the dome

I think part of the reason he looks like he's half-assing it is it's just the way he bats. Just looks like he's teeing off every swing. It obviously has worked for him

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 08:19 PM)
I can honestly say the loss on Thursday didn’t bother me at all. Of course I’d love for them to win, we all would.

But when Soria blows that game, I guy that may not even be here in August, let alone 2019 and 2020, I really don’t care at all. I’m watching to see Moncada, Anderson, Gio, Lopez, etc. You want to see how these guys perform in certain situations, trends, growth, etc.

Well said, honestly only upsetting part was how bad Yoan looked. Besides that, loved what I saw from Timmy and Yolmer

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 03:19 PM)
I can honestly say the loss on Thursday didn’t bother me at all. Of course I’d love for them to win, we all would.

But when Soria blows that game, I guy that may not even be here in August, let alone 2019 and 2020, I really don’t care at all. I’m watching to see Moncada, Anderson, Gio, Lopez, etc. You want to see how these guys perform in certain situations, trends, growth, etc.

Exactly.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 02:20 PM)
I think part of the reason he looks like he's half-assing it is it's just the way he bats. Just looks like he's teeing off every swing. It obviously has worked for him

I think that's just his demeanor.the Jay Cutler syndrome. Personally I feel he's been real solid so far, offensively and defensively