4-8 Gamethread - Tigers, 1:10pm, CSN

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:51 PM)
Did I say he’s Konerko? He isn’t slow but he isn’t fast. Engel potentially stealing prevents the GIDP

I disagree, Avi is fast. He doesn't have that base stealing speed but he's certainly good on the basepaths

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:53 PM)
I disagree, Avi is fast. He doesn't have that base stealing speed but he's certainly good on the basepaths

Then if he doesn’t have base stealing speed, Engel should have been in the game. Engel is also faster, so he has a chance to score with a ball hit into the gap. Of course all of this is moot since ITS TOO COLD!!!!!1 to hit

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 04:51 PM)
Ricky's boys got swept by an awful team.

The White Sox at current is probably the 3rd worst team in the Majors, with only Miami and Kansas City assured to be worse. I fully expect the White Sox to be brutal in the first half. I could see something like 25-57 over the first 82. It's the LAST 82 I think we'll see something...the kids will have more experience, we'll have hopefully unloaded/traded/DFA'd veteran scrubs and brought up some other kids.

While getting swept at home by Detoilet is embarrassing, now is the time to stay patient....

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 03:56 PM)
The White Sox at current is probably the 3rd worst team in the Majors, with only Miami and Kansas City assured to be worse. I fully expect the White Sox to be brutal in the first half. I could see something like 25-57 over the first 82. It's the LAST 82 I think we'll see something...the kids will have more experience, we'll have hopefully unloaded/traded/DFA'd veteran scrubs and brought up some other kids.

While getting swept at home by Detoilet is embarrassing, now is the time to stay patient....

If the Sox are 22 under at the break, I’ll paypal you $100. If they’re better than that, you paypal me $100. Deal?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 8, 2018 -> 04:57 PM)
If the Sox are 22 under at the break, I’ll paypal you $100. If they’re better than that, you paypal me $100. Deal?

If I get this new job I am applying for this week then yea deal... :P

25-57 was not my prediction, but I could see something atrocious like that. It will take time to sort this team out.

-The bullpen is trash, but a move has been made, Rondon looked good. Another change or two is needed

-the team defense has been a problem early in the season

-Starting rotation has a ton of HUGE ? marks....by mid season, Gio and Rey will be settled in, Rodon will be back from IR, we'll know if Fulmer is legit or not. The rotation in the 2nd half may be ....Rodon, ReyRey, Gio and Kopech. Fulmer may still be the 5. With any luck we can trade Shields, assuming he pitches well.

-WHY on WHY do the Sox not move runners? It's like we were just waiting to hit into DP after DP...move the damn base runners. I don't get that.

While all these things are sorting out I could see a bounty of losses. The Sox got done in by Detroit who is not a good team at all....another really bad team is coming in tomorrow, Tampa Bay.

I will say it now...the Sox will be terrible the first half, but I think be good the second half.

I missed the middle parts of the game but I liked what I saw from Lopez. If he can get his breaking stuff over he is going to be really good.

And Rondon was just electric. But the stuff was always there, let's hope he is the next Tommy Kahnle instead of the next Maikel Cleto.

And Fiers is the kind of junkballer a young team will struggle against.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

It’s going to be a while. They will have their moments, but there is a lot of work to be done. Coop has a lot to fix. Strikes seem to be an issue right now with his youngsters. Their first verbally rssults hav not been that terrible, and inLope’ case quite good, but all those walks will bite you in the end, and need to be cleaned up. Davidson was due to come back to earth. It will be interesting to see if he is for real, if Yolmer, Leury, Engel are legit.

I just think there are going to be stretches they will look like the worst team in baseball, and times the look like a playoff team. Unfortunately they looked pretty bad especially considering who they were playing, the last couple of days.