**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, iWiN4PreP said:

I have never been a bully to anyone on this site -- that's not who I am. Calling someone a normie or basic is not being a bully, in some respects -- people love being normal.

I will have to ask that you guys stick to the discussion at hand. Is there any insight that you have on the posts? @Y2HH brought up a great point that I overlooked in regards to the Nia situation (as I only casually have been following some storylines). It's amazing the lack of structure WWE storyline writers have. Some would consider them extremely basic and pandering to a less than intelligent fan base. It's an insult.

Look guys, I'm not trying to be captain douche, I come here to talk wrestling -- but if you guys can't see the problems with WWE, then it is my job to show you their logical inconsistencies.

But when you point out said problems and said "logical inconsistencies" you seem to be completely PISSED. I think I've been posting on this site consistently for 2 years now yet when I stop in this thread, you're doing nothing but complaining...but here we are, June 6, 2018, and you are still watching and still b****ing. You're going to spin this and say you're a fan who loves a product/company and has a right to complain, but if I was this upset about something in my life, I'd let it f***ing go.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

This comment is almost as laughable as Y2HH saying he’s watched NXT before.

I have watched NXT, I just don't care for it so I don't continue to watch it. I did like Bobby Roode in NXT, though, far more than whatever this is now. And I agree with his point on Omega/Okada, I watched the first few, and thought they were way too long and drawn out, and now they're just rehashes of that same match.

It's just not my cup of tea. It's like watching an hour long car chase. It's fun for about 10-15 minutes and then it's like okay, get to the point.

Edited by Y2HH

23 hours ago, Brian said:

I’m not going to disagree that Meltzer plays favorites and overrates matches but if you can’t appreciate what those two guys did in their 4 matches, that’s too bad.

I guess I can appreciate it for the high level of skill it takes, but it's still not my thing as it pertains to wrestling. I have nothing but respect for their skillset, but I have nothing invested in either man so I have no skin in the game. It's like watching any sport where you don't know or care about either team playing. That's how I feel about Omega/Okada.

Decided not to go to MITB.  Tickets are insanely high and the product just isn't entertaining to me right now.  I watched only a few minutes of Raw/Smackdown this week.  It's sad when the most I've seen of WWE personnel lately is on Total Bellas.

19 hours ago, fathom said:

Decided not to go to MITB.  Tickets are insanely high and the product just isn't entertaining to me right now.  I watched only a few minutes of Raw/Smackdown this week.  It's sad when the most I've seen of WWE personnel lately is on Total Bellas.

Tickets are crazy expensive right now.  I did get NXT tickets for 20 bucks.  Excited to see Dream live.

58 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Tickets are crazy expensive right now.  I did get NXT tickets for 20 bucks.  Excited to see Dream live.

Hope they have a new Velveteen Dream shirt there. He deserves one

On 6/11/2018 at 10:18 AM, Y2HH said:

I have watched NXT, I just don't care for it so I don't continue to watch it. I did like Bobby Roode in NXT, though, far more than whatever this is now. And I agree with his point on Omega/Okada, I watched the first few, and thought they were way too long and drawn out, and now they're just rehashes of that same match.

It's just not my cup of tea. It's like watching an hour long car chase. It's fun for about 10-15 minutes and then it's like okay, get to the point.

Here’s the thing... your “criticism” of Okada-Omega makes a ton of sense to me.  You’re not invested in their characters so you don’t care about the in ring stuff, I get that.  I love their matches but I get that.  Your criticism of NXT not telling stories isn’t an opinion, it’s just 100 percent wrong.  They literally tell the best stories in pro wrestling.  But it is what it is.

• Like 1

Went to NXT last night and it was just amazing.  Crowd was awesome.  First two matches were amazing.  Women's match was alright/good.  Black/Sullivan someone messed up on that kick lol.  Pretty sure it was Lars, but other than that it was fine.  And no words for the final match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

Went to NXT last night and it was just amazing.  Crowd was awesome.  First two matches were amazing.  Women's match was alright/good.  Black/Sullivan someone messed up on that kick lol.  Pretty sure it was Lars, but other than that it was fine.  And no words for the final match.

Gargano/Ciampa is best WWE storyline since Punk/MITB and up there with Bret v Owen

NXT Takeover - Even with a meh card, the matches performed extremely well (as usual). I am a huge fan of the story and matches of Gargano/Ciampa, but the overall feud seems to be dragging to die. Matches are phenomenal, so w.e.

MITB - I wasn't able to watch this (kinda glad I didn't). The matches seem on par (based off what I read) with the normal WWE PPV quality. WWE PPV Matches these days seem to do the same formula over and over.... hit some moves in the early opening (slow going), build up to a fast pace, hit some finishers, and build to an eventful finish. While that is nice and all, it's very repetitive. They need more spice in their shows.

The booking decisions were good last night. Albeit, they booked themselves horribly going into it. Having Bliss win and interupt Ronda/Nia's match was the smart thing to do to avoid Ronda or Nia as champion. Having Ellsworth cost Asuka the match was a good way to keep Asuka strong against a very weak Carmella. Having Strowman win is a great step towards possibly dethroning the useless beast in Brock Lesnar (and NOT having Reigns face Lesnar : Note reigns is DONE). Having Lashley destroy Zayn was the right choice due to their storyline. 

Maybe it's a step in the right direction, but man things were bad going into this PPV.

5 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

NXT Takeover - Even with a meh card, the matches performed extremely well (as usual). I am a huge fan of the story and matches of Gargano/Ciampa, but the overall feud seems to be dragging to die. Matches are phenomenal, so w.e.

MITB - I wasn't able to watch this (kinda glad I didn't). The matches seem on par (based off what I read) with the normal WWE PPV quality. WWE PPV Matches these days seem to do the same formula over and over.... hit some moves in the early opening (slow going), build up to a fast pace, hit some finishers, and build to an eventful finish. While that is nice and all, it's very repetitive. They need more spice in their shows.

The booking decisions were good last night. Albeit, they booked themselves horribly going into it. Having Bliss win and interupt Ronda/Nia's match was the smart thing to do to avoid Ronda or Nia as champion. Having Ellsworth cost Asuka the match was a good way to keep Asuka strong against a very weak Carmella. Having Strowman win is a great step towards possibly dethroning the useless beast in Brock Lesnar (and NOT having Reigns face Lesnar : Note reigns is DONE). Having Lashley destroy Zayn was the right choice due to their storyline. 

Maybe it's a step in the right direction, but man things were bad going into this PPV.

But when it's a squash, Lesnar style, don't you say the same about those matches?

It's either what you wrote in the bolded statement or a squash. I've never really seen an in between, unless you believe "in between" is a horses*** match and in that case, no thanks.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

I guess it looks like I am in the minority that thought it was a pretty good show.  I was very much entertained in all of the matches.  I do agree that the men's MITB was not memorable.  

Only boring match was Roman's but probably because the crowd was so anti. The guy criticizing it didn't even watch it, so that should tell you something. It was solid.