**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

11 hours ago, fathom said:

Did Ronda die and I didn't hear about it?

Great opening segment by both. Even when Ronda did the backstage stuff after, it seemed legit.

I'm assuming she's going to do press for her movie but when she comes back, there's a great feud waiting now.

11 hours ago, fathom said:

Did Ronda die and I didn't hear about it?

The point is, Ronda was INFINITELY more interesting last night when paired with Alexa than she was during her entire runup against Jax. Ronda had her "stone cold" becoming last night against a sniveling, gloating heel and everyone did their jobs perfectly in that segment. THIS is how Alexa needs to be portrayed, not as a dominating ass kicker, but a lying, shortcut taking b****. Also, the little Ronda did speak worked very well because she doesn't have to speak a lot right now, Alexa can carry that. People were questioning why Vince wanted the strap back on Alexa so soon and last night showed us why.

The follow up to this will also be important, Alexa needs to talk smack big time knowing Ronda isn't around for the next few weeks, and find a way to weasel her way out of losing to Jax at ER.

*fromaselfprofessedalexamark ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brian said:

You guys are gonna piss off Y2HH. 😁

If she looks the way she does, It doesn't bother me if she is awkward sometimes.

🤬

They're just jealous Asuka has become a jobber to Mella and lolAlexaWins ;) 

20 hours ago, Brian said:

Only boring match was Roman's but probably because the crowd was so anti. The guy criticizing it didn't even watch it, so that should tell you something. It was solid.

20 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

But when it's a squash, Lesnar style, don't you say the same about those matches?

It's either what you wrote in the bolded statement or a squash. I've never really seen an in between, unless you believe "in between" is a horses*** match and in that case, no thanks.

You guys either missed the point, didn't read the post, or are just trolling. I actually complimented MITB PPV in my post (for the most part). The wrestling hasn't been the problem with WWE, but rather the horrific storylines and logical consistency there of. I merely made a comment based on reading the 'play-by-play' that all the matches feel the same on PPVs. Think of matches like Rollins/Elias, Rollins/Miz, and other IC title feuds of recent memory... there's no spice.

What I mean by spice I think can better be explained with two notes. 1) Finisher spamming is done to death in WWE. No longer are finishers protected (other than the F5). This hurts match storytelling a lot. 

Also, there's no in depth storytelling going on in the ring. Think of workers like Ric Flair and Brett Hart. When these guys wrestled, you watched them tell a story in the ring where it did not need to be conveyed via words. That's what I'm missing in WWE PPV match quality, otherwise -- things are OK/Good in terms of match quality.

16 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Alexa is just so much more entertaining than any woman on the roster. 

While Alexa has a ton of skill when it comes to entertaining/being on the mic, the reason this statement is true is not because of that, but rather how badly every other woman on the roster is booked (Ronda maybe the exception).

5 hours ago, Y2HH said:

The point is, Ronda was INFINITELY more interesting last night when paired with Alexa than she was during her entire runup against Jax. Ronda had her "stone cold" becoming last night against a sniveling, gloating heel and everyone did their jobs perfectly in that segment. THIS is how Alexa needs to be portrayed, not as a dominating ass kicker, but a lying, shortcut taking b****. Also, the little Ronda did speak worked very well because she doesn't have to speak a lot right now, Alexa can carry that. People were questioning why Vince wanted the strap back on Alexa so soon and last night showed us why.

The follow up to this will also be important, Alexa needs to talk smack big time knowing Ronda isn't around for the next few weeks, and find a way to weasel her way out of losing to Jax at ER.

*fromaselfprofessedalexamark ;)

Please. IMO last night's segment was all Ronda. She's dubbed as the baddest women and she showed exactly why by doing things you have not seen any woman done before.

2 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Big Cass just got released.  Wonder why.

Pretty interesting. I thought he was cutting a great heel promo since coming back, albeit the iwc would never give him a fair shake anyways.

Wonder what the reason is. I'm guessing he caught Bryan in the head or something.

14 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Pretty interesting. I thought he was cutting a great heel promo since coming back, albeit the iwc would never give him a fair shake anyways.

Wonder what the reason is. I'm guessing he caught Bryan in the head or something.

There was a report a few weeks ago that Big Cass did something off script that he was specifically told NOT to do. He has been noted as having 'severe heat' backstage due to that incident. 

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/5/10/17340856/wwe-upset-big-cass-going-off-script

Anyway, this servers to re look at his career and what could have been. If only WWE did not prematurely end Enzo and Cass. Now they both are gone when they had a very hot tag team there. WWE does not care about the tag team division (not my understanding, it is literally their own dictations). If they had any care for their tag division, then teams like Enzo and Cass and Gallows and Anderson would have been very successful a year or two ago. Ah well.

Also Charlotte is posing nude in an ESPN thing. It's a no make up no filter type thing for empowerment. That's pretty damn awesome. She is truly the Queen and one of the best in WWE. Her legacy may go down as the very best in this era's / generation's talent pool. 

5 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Please. IMO last night's segment was all Ronda. She's dubbed as the baddest women and she showed exactly why by doing things you have not seen any woman done before.

Okay, whatever. You're right, that's why Ronda's ass kicking segment against Jax went over just as well. Because like you said, it's all Ronda, so it doesn't matter who she's in the ring with.

And yeah, she made Nia tap out during a segment just a few weeks ago, and it was a dud segment. It takes a great heel for the babyface to shine. Give credit where it's due.

Edited by Y2HH

1 hour ago, Y2HH said:

Okay, whatever. You're right, that's why Ronda's ass kicking segment against Jax went over just as well. Because like you said, it's all Ronda, so it doesn't matter who she's in the ring with.

And yeah, she made Nia tap out during a segment just a few weeks ago, and it was a dud segment. It takes a great heel for the babyface to shine. Give credit where it's due.

Nia wasn’t full heel then. That segment could have work with any well established heel is what I’m saying, i.e. Carmella or IIconics. But of course Alexa Bliss gets all the credit so what’s new.

lol, Both Ronda and Bliss kick ass. Ronda has the star appeal from being a celebrity and champion while Alexa is pure bliss on the microphone and character wise. 

If only the writers could perform coherent storylines that helped the other females, it would help all in the division including Ronda and Bliss.  

On 6/22/2018 at 12:07 AM, iWiN4PreP said:

One of my favorites, Sami Zayn, will be out for the rest of the year with a shoulder injury. One of the only reasons to tune into Raw (even if they misused him terribly). 

He needs to be a face when he gets back.  This whole goofy persona as a heel is awful in my opinion.

And I'm with you, he is great, but I think his better work comes as a face.  WWE just need to book him correctly.

Edited by GGajewski18
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2018 at 3:14 PM, GGajewski18 said:

He needs to be a face when he gets back.  This whole goofy persona as a heel is awful in my opinion.

And I'm with you, he is great, but I think his better work comes as a face.  WWE just need to book him correctly.

Here is what I will say on Sami Zayn:

I was 100% against turning Zayn Heel when they did it. He is a natural babyface in a company that doesn't have natural Baby faces in abundance.

However, they weren't using Zayn. I feel like they were not going to let him rise as a babyface, so turning him heel has allowed Zayn to consistently be in the main event picture/main story picture, even if it is being used as the heel that gets owned on every PPV. He has been able to show some of his talents, which is nice. 

On 6/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, GGajewski18 said:

So, Nia Jax is a face again?  She's turning into the big show with how many turns she has.  By the way, I hate her character and her wrestling.

Nia is downright horrid. She wouldn't be *so* horrid if it wasn't for her booking, but she would still be pretty bad.

One thing I want to note is how WWE ruined Nakamaru. Jesus. This guy loses to Jinder a couple times then gets owned by Styles 3 PPV events in a row. He's now become a joke. 

One other thing: Seriously, what the fuck are they doing with Brock Lesnar and the Universal Title scene on Raw?

They *cancel* their Extreme rules #1 contendor match because of complications with Lesnar? 

This had to be Vince/Booking's doing the entire time to get heat on Lesnar and away from Reigns, but my god, what an abomination. There's no winner here. We, the fans of the product, lose big time either way. We get more months of a faceless Raw scene and then we will likely have a Reigns triumphant victory (which no one wants to see) followed by a Strowman Cash in to win the title (which is cool, but he does not need).

You'd think that after Lesnar surprisingly beat Reigns at WM that they would have had a much better plan to all of this...

... but alas here we are in July without seeing Lesnar since WM (other than the GRR event build up). 

It's truly remarkable in the worst possible way.

15 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

One other thing: Seriously, what the fuck are they doing with Brock Lesnar and the Universal Title scene on Raw?

They *cancel* their Extreme rules #1 contendor match because of complications with Lesnar? 

This had to be Vince/Booking's doing the entire time to get heat on Lesnar and away from Reigns, but my god, what an abomination. There's no winner here. We, the fans of the product, lose big time either way. We get more months of a faceless Raw scene and then we will likely have a Reigns triumphant victory (which no one wants to see) followed by a Strowman Cash in to win the title (which is cool, but he does not need).

You'd think that after Lesnar surprisingly beat Reigns at WM that they would have had a much better plan to all of this...

... but alas here we are in July without seeing Lesnar since WM (other than the GRR event build up). 

It's truly remarkable in the worst possible way.

Not that I agree with how they're going about it, but when someone does dethrone Lesnar, it'll mean that much more -- the anticipation build to him finally losing has been quite the long road, and in some ways I find it funny how much it's pissing people off. ;) 

I honestly don't care about the Universal Title at this point -- so whether he's around with it or not doesn't change much IMO. It's not like they'll do anything with it other than hot-potato it around after Lesnar drops it so fans can chant "you deserve it" on a weekly basis anyway.

• Like 2