**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

29 minutes ago, Brian said:

Y2HH with the babyface turn! 

I just want to say that while I enjoy discussing the state of wrestling with you fine people, what I love more than anything else is proving how right I am, and how wrong each and every one of you are! Yes, I know I deserve it ... so sit down and read on if you wanna learn somethin' for a change. Only the Mark World Order cares about Lesnar dropping the title to a spot machine that knows how to suicide dive.

Or something...

Rabble rabble, NXT storylines, rabble rabble NXT is amazing because of Triple H. ;0

As long as it is not Roman, whoever beats Brock will get a major lift. Raw had a 30 minute main event for the IC title that was pretty great, and the Women's title is getting exposure with Alexa and Ronda, yet fans want to complain about Brock not being around with the Universal title. Some fans just want to complain, like a certain other poster here.

Yeah, that's why NXT is amazing. 🙄 You take heat because you say you like characters and stories, etc, but can't watch NXT. It's an old school show that does that very  thing. It is too bad you can't enjoy it because with NJPW, it is the best thing going that I watch.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

As long as it is not Roman, whoever beats Brock will get a major lift. Raw had a 30 minute main event for the IC title that was pretty great, and the Women's title is getting exposure with Alexa and Ronda, yet fans want to complain about Brock not being around with the Universal title. Some fans just want to complain, like a certain other poster here.

Yeah, that's why NXT is amazing. 🙄 You take heat because you say you like characters and stories, etc, but can't watch NXT. It's an old school show that does that very  thing. It is too bad you can't enjoy it because with NJPW, it is the best thing going that I watch.

I've tried to watch both here and there -- despite reports on the contrary from the Mark World Order here on Soxtalk -- and it's just not my thing. I don't like watching Minor League baseball for the same reason, and yeah, that's how I view both NJ and NXT. 😛 

I laugh when I hear people talk about how "out of touch" Vince is, when he just sold RAW and Smackdown for a billion+ each ... yep, sounds REAL out of touch.

The main reason I don't care about NXT characters or "stories" is because when they're eventually bumped up to the main roster, the characters are nothing like they were in NXT, and outside of a few outliers (such as Asukas streak), what little story they had is usually ignored ... so why bother?

Oh, and I hated RAW's 30 minute main event for the same reason. 😛 Could have told the same "story" with 15 minutes instead of carrying on and on and on like they did ... by the time the finish came, I could see it coming from a mile away, whereas earlier in the match I legit thought it was a toss up (especially after last weeks rare upset).

16 hours ago, Y2HH said:

Not that I agree with how they're going about it, but when someone does dethrone Lesnar, it'll mean that much more -- the anticipation build to him finally losing has been quite the long road, and in some ways I find it funny how much it's pissing people off. ;) 

I honestly don't care about the Universal Title at this point -- so whether he's around with it or not doesn't change much IMO. It's not like they'll do anything with it other than hot-potato it around after Lesnar drops it so fans can chant "you deserve it" on a weekly basis anyway.

I used to think that the whole Lesnar reign would lead to a very important winner, but at this point I do not feel this way. I don't feel like it will mean a lot more when Lesnar loses, because he's not here frequently enough for the title to even matter (as you alluded to in your second paragraph). Besides, they are just going to annoint Reigns over Lesnar... I mean, it would be kind of cool to see Rollins take down the beast, that might make the moment mean a lot. I guess it depends on who ends up taking it off of him.

Raw is without a head right now. When you don't have the main title, what are their guys fighting for? Owens is being bullied by Braun because.... ??? Finn is doing what again? There's just no direction without the title. 

I agree that the whole you deserve shit and hot potato of the title are not good things. 

If you don’t think the universal title change is a big deal, then Raw isn’t for you. Whether you like Lesnar or not, he only lost like once in 4 years. The next person to beat him is a big deal. The fact that the title hasn’t changed hands in 500 days is a big deal. (Main title change doesn’t happen often these days, even over at SDL.) Simply put, the universal title is going to elevate certain guys into much more credible performers. Some guys need it, guys who aren’t as protected (like Balor, Elias, or Rollins), some guys don’t, guys who are heavily protected (like Stroman, Lesnar, Reigns, Cena).

5 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

If you don’t think the universal title change is a big deal, then Raw isn’t for you. Whether you like Lesnar or not, he only lost like once in 4 years. The next person to beat him is a big deal. The fact that the title hasn’t changed hands in 500 days is a big deal. (Main title change doesn’t happen often these days, even over at SDL.) Simply put, the universal title is going to elevate certain guys into much more credible performers. Some guys need it, guys who aren’t as protected (like Balor, Elias, or Rollins), some guys don’t, guys who are heavily protected (like Stroman, Lesnar, Reigns, Cena).

Woah, I found something I agree with.

This is really getting indefensible: http://rajah.com/node/63143

If these reports are true, namely that Lesnar will NOT be wrestling at Summerslam and that they still plan on trying to get Reigns over as a babyface to dethrone him, then my GOD.

They've spent 1.5-2+ YEARS on this. They've crippled the main event division on Raw and they STILL intend to put Reigns over when the fans do not want to see that.

Thinking optimistically, hell -- they could put over Rollins here. I was not a big fan of him initially, but he has been red hot fire as of late and his matches have become fantastic. He's the true people's champ right now. 

1.5 years and going here... how many good title feuds have we missed at this point? Meanwhile players like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman, and the like wander aimlessly into matches.

Which brings me to point number 2... Where are the *good* storylines? There hasn't been any. WWE is a drama show that should focus on fantastic storylines leading up to memorable moments. There hasn't been any. It's not that hard! Sasha/Bayley may be the best thing going storyline wise but that has been an overall train wreck, yet the two wrestlers are fantastic and fan favorites so it still works out.

13 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

This is really getting indefensible: http://rajah.com/node/63143

If these reports are true, namely that Lesnar will NOT be wrestling at Summerslam and that they still plan on trying to get Reigns over as a babyface to dethrone him, then my GOD.

They've spent 1.5-2+ YEARS on this. They've crippled the main event division on Raw and they STILL intend to put Reigns over when the fans do not want to see that.

Thinking optimistically, hell -- they could put over Rollins here. I was not a big fan of him initially, but he has been red hot fire as of late and his matches have become fantastic. He's the true people's champ right now. 

1.5 years and going here... how many good title feuds have we missed at this point? Meanwhile players like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman, and the like wander aimlessly into matches.

Which brings me to point number 2... Where are the *good* storylines? There hasn't been any. WWE is a drama show that should focus on fantastic storylines leading up to memorable moments. There hasn't been any. It's not that hard! Sasha/Bayley may be the best thing going storyline wise but that has been an overall train wreck, yet the two wrestlers are fantastic and fan favorites so it still works out.

I'd be fine with them putting the strap on Roman, so long as it coincides with a heel turn.

On 6/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, Y2HH said:

I'd be fine with them putting the strap on Roman, so long as it coincides with a heel turn.

I'm very anti-Roman, but a heel Roman taking over the title from Lesnar is at least palatable. Roman has made strides over the years (as is to be expected when you are the highlight of the show constantly), but is still a charismatic void and a very bad wrestler. His moveset flat out sucks and every single time he gets momentum and the stupid-f***ing superman punch comes through I lose all respect for his match. The superman punch + spear combo is the worst finisher/signature set I've seen in ages. At least with The Rock he had the Rock Bottom and Cena has the F5 (Rock's peoples elbow and Cena's 5-knuckle shuffle were also very bad moves like the superman punch).

With the People's Elbow, it actually worked as a heel. It was such a sassy move that as a heel the fans could boo it and really hate it. 

I'd give Reigns another try with a full-blown heel turn, but I'd expect it to fail. 

Wasn't able to watch -- and haven't watched WWE programming in quite a bit (month plus), but read through the results and heard some reviews...

...Seems like it was a bore fest... nothing at all happened that was interesting. There was no swerves, no big time title changes, no surprises... I'm sure the match quality was fine, but my God, what a boring event. They did this for 4+ hours too.

It all goes back to booking -- they just need stronger stories. It seemed like the match quality was fine, as it has been for quite some time.

13 hours ago, fathom said:

So refs kicks someone out of match and then same wrestler comes back out to interfere and ref allows interference and match is over soon after?

To be fair, it was a new match.

All in all, that show sucked. I liked two matches and that was the B team/HardyWyatt and Lashley/Reigns.  The Rollins Dolph match was terrible.  Two great wrestlers and that's what you come up with?  Embarrassing.  

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Yeah, I’m nitpicking but to see so many falls kinda made both look weak. JMO

You're not wrong though.  8 in 30 minutes? That's awful booking.  I would of loved to see just one fall and have be within the last minute.  Would of made both look great, but they went with 8 falls which was terrible like the show.

• Like 1

Wasn't a big fan of this PPV, from top to bottom -- and Lashley sucks. He's a fucking charisma vacuum. Nice bump he took in that match, but otherwise, the end result was weak AF. Reigns just kicked out of like 7 F5's, and all it took was that shitty ass spear to finish him against Lashley? Lol K.

13 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Color me shocked that we are most likely going to see a Brock/Reigns SummerSlam.  Go **** yourself Vince McMahon. 

They had Bobby win so Roman can get it back next week and face Brock again. Not even I can defend this. I dare them to put that match on last at SS.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

They had Bobby win so Roman can get it back next week and face Brock again. Not even I can defend this. I dare them to put that match on last at SS.

Even if they don't put it on last, the crowd is gonna go nuts negatively.  You know a beachball is gonna come out, you know they are gonna boo, you know they are gonna chant this is boring. I don't see how Vince sees this as a positive, yet keeps doing it.

18 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Even if they don't put it on last, the crowd is gonna go nuts negatively.  You know a beachball is gonna come out, you know they are gonna boo, you know they are gonna chant this is boring. I don't see how Vince sees this as a positive, yet keeps doing it.

Vince sees it as a positive because money talks, and the opinions of Internet wrestling marks walks. He doesn't cater to hardcore "wrestling purists", and never will. Roman sells truckloads of merchandise, despite the rather falsely perpetuated myth that nobody likes him. The Internet "marks" are who don't like him, and they mean almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. These are the same people that think New Japan is the greatest wrestling product the world has ever seen, yet New Japan isn't a hair on the WWE's ass in terms of popularity, revenue streams, or profits, and this was BEFORE the recent billion dollar blockbuster deals they signed with TWO different television companies to broadcast their shows.

In short ... that's why he keeps doing it. For as out of touch people believe Vince is, the money say otherwise.

Apparently, 2-3 ratings are deemed to be worth around 250M per year according to Fox and USA, so who are we to argue at this point? :D

So, Stephanie McMahon has a historic announcement to make this Monday on Raw.

It appears to be all about the Women's division. We're talking new Tag Team Titles, maybe an intercontinental title, etc.

Opinions?