**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

8 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep back to fast forwarding the DVR through Raw and Smackdown starting tomorrow

I always just record Raw and FFWD through it but nothing that happened last night would make me stop watch Smackdown on Tuesday nights as it happened.

I thought there was a lot to like last night but guess it is just me. 

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

I always just record Raw and FFWD through it but nothing that happened last night would make me stop watch Smackdown on Tuesday nights as it happened.

I thought the show was decent.  Obviously the main event ruined everything.  No one has interest in it.  Crowd chanting you both suck, beachballs, just awful and so predictable.

1 minute ago, GGajewski18 said:

I thought the show was decent.  Obviously the main event ruined everything.  No one has interest in it.  Crowd chanting you both suck, beachballs, just awful and so predictable.

Can't disagree. Having Braun out there made it more interesting and less predictable but we've seen Brock v Roman so many times I just wanted to see what happened and how.

I see Twitter people complaining about the 3 squashes. I thought KO sold like a champion and made Braun look like a million bucks. I popped for the Demon. I look at that like a moment rather than a match and I'll rewatch it.

I mean would anyone buy Ronda getting beat up by ALexa? Maybe some cheating to help her get her licks but you know WWE wants Ronda holding that belt for PR reasons. Nothing will happen to ALexa. She's a great personality. Maybe some of the luster of her Trish match wears off but they have like 2 months til that.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I didn't mind the show, it just did nothing to make me really interested in anything going forward.  I will say if there's ever a briefcase tossing Hall of Fame, Lesnar is a first ballot pick

It’s summer slam, the second biggest event of the year

two title matches end in DQ and 4 squashes (Brock got squashed imo)

it wasn’t terrible but I definitely expect more from one of the big shows. I still think they did the fans a disservice with the Braun bait and switch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to ALL IN last night, and it was easily the best show I've been too.  Each match was incredible.  Omega/Pentagon was 5 stars.  Cody winning the belt and the reaction to it was just so special.   Jericho coming out and attacking Omega was insane.  Paige/Janela match was nuts and I thought it was a 5 star match as well.  Seeing Okada live was amazing.  DDP and Jeff Jarrett was there.  Bully Ray and Billy Gunn.  The tag match was amazing, just awesome to watch.  I don't know how many times I jumped out of my chair

If you haven't seen it, go watch it guys.  5 hours of wrestling and I was entertained for every single minute of it.  Also, Cody and the Young Bucks teased an ALL IN 2.  

Thought it was fun as well, except for...wait for it...the Joey Ryan garbage. Justin will roll his eyes at me but that guy sucks.

Omega could have a 5 star match with a broom and Jericho is a machine. Does a run in then flies to Kansas for a concert a few hours later.

It will probably make me seek out NWA stuff. That match was ok but the presentation was great. Felt big and was a great moment for sure.

I mean they have to do another, don't they? Otherwise all the "Change the business" talk is baseless. A WrestleMania type show every year where all the indy/ROH/New Japan guys come together would get my money.

And holy crap, Penelope Ford is an f'n 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything more disappointing going on in wrestling over the past year than how AJ Styles matches have gone? 

He entered the WWE and after a little while was putting on 5* matches, most notably with John Cena, but pretty much every match he had was amazing (I recall the shane o mac one as well).

Now, he's had 2 dream feuds... one with Nakamura and the other with Samoa Joe. Nakamaru's feud was a disgrace due to booking namely, but the matches were meh. So far, the Samoa Joe feud seems to be going the same way. What a shame. 

per usual another shit show with a non-ending in braun vs roman and a controversial ending to aj vs samoa.

on a side note: I don't think WWE will be bearable until M. Cole is eliminated from announcing/commentating/advertising anything. Guy is horrid. 

Just to expand on just how BAD that ending was...

Dolph and Rollins had maybe the worst 'bump' I've seen in years as they continuously looked back to the tables and both randomly fell through the tables in the least convincing way possible. Dull.

Ambrose and McCintyre (sp) sat on top of the HIAC cage for no reason for such an extended time.

The match ended in a no contest, WWE apparently forgot their own rules of a no DQ match. Lmfao. 

9 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

per usual another shit show with a non-ending in braun vs roman and a controversial ending to aj vs samoa.

on a side note: I don't think WWE will be bearable until M. Cole is eliminated from announcing/commentating/advertising anything. Guy is horrid. 

Renee Young might be the worst announcer in any "sport" I've ever heard. It's a joke.

10 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Dolph and Rollins had maybe the worst 'bump' I've seen in years as they continuously looked back to the tables and both randomly fell through the tables in the least convincing way possible. Dull.

I didn't like the way AJ/Joe ended either, but maybe you can climb a cage, 15 feet in the air or more, and properly show everyone how to fall from that height through a table. Oh, you never took a bump and wouldn't have the guts? Right.

I fell asleep during the main event because my allergy medicine kicked in, and I get that people didn't like the no contest for a HIAC match. It's very lame, but to rip guys for a bump like that is stupid.

I'll agree with fathom. I like Renee, she's great as an interview and pre host, but she seems out of place as an announcer. Cole/Graves would be just fine.

Becky v Charlotte was good and Seth/Dean v Dolph/Drew was one of the best tag matches we'll see this year. 

Edited by Brian

18 minutes ago, Y2HH said:

Give Renee a chance, she's new, and likely being fed lines by the McMahons and hasn't yet caught on to how to do things yet.

Definitely hope she gets better because she's one of the most likable people in that company.

47 minutes ago, Brian said:

I didn't like the way AJ/Joe ended either, but maybe you can climb a cage, 15 feet in the air or more, and properly show everyone how to fall from that height through a table. Oh, you never took a bump and wouldn't have the guts? Right.

I think that's a very poor argument.

If they can't do it properly/convincingly, then they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. We've seen many guys over the years take much more challenging bumps much more convincingly. The bump that they did ruined a part of the match. It was laughable.

And then you ask why and what purpose was the bump for? I'm struggling to find an answer other than "The fans came for a HIAC match style bump, so we need to give it to them with 2 people that aren't in the match." 

Oh, and I could probably take a bigger bump than that and make it look much better, and I'm not even trained properly, but it'd cost WWE some big time $$$$ :D. 

• 3 weeks later...

More shittyness for WWE followers...

First, the product sucks right now, but I'm not here to tell you what you already know.

Second, the whole shabang with Saudi and WWE is blowing up in their faces and it's downright hilarious. They decide to do business for the money and now are getting hit hard, haha.

Third, all these house-style PPVs internationally are just burying any credibility and history WWE had. "Greatest Royal Rumble Ever", "Crown Jewel tournament", etc. these super cards are just awful for tradition/history's sake. Sigh. More piss on the grave that is WWE history. 

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Reigns has leukemia. Holy shit. That’s heartbreaking.

Yeah that's some shocking stuff.

Super ironic tho in terms of WWE storylines. They try so hard to get him over as a babyface for 3.5++ years and now he can get over as a cancer survivor when the company promotes so much cancer awareness.