**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

13 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Reigns has leukemia. Holy shit. That’s heartbreaking.

Just crazy. Nobody is invincible 

Was eerie to see the crowd go from booing, to confusion, to support. 

Of course the idiot fans are out there thinking it's a work or making jokes about how he'll finally be over if he comes back.

Edited by Brian

I was thinking last night about WWE Evolution...

It's a pretty poor card for it being the first ever women's only PPV.

The top match is Rousey vs. Bella... but this was a manufactured match that didn't feel 'natural' since the Bella twins weren't even a mainstay on the show until about a month ago. This obviously was for the ticket sales, but to me that's pretty lame. But, hey -- I can pass this one off.

Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch is great, nothing wrong here.

The Lita+Trish vs. Alexa+Mickie match is fine, but it's not fine when it's the second most promoted match. It'd be great if it was the fourth/fifth one, but this is literally their second highest match.

Then you got Bayley+Sasha+Natayla vs. Riot squad which is just downright horrid. This is a Raw match x 10000. They do this every week for free on Raw. Boooooring. This is where they should have had Bayley vs. Sasha #1. They could of had one of the best women's rivalarys begin here and then end at either RR or WM for a title shot. I would have booked it to end at RR where Sasha goes over Bayley in a #1 title contendor match and then somehow have Bayley squeeze into the title match at WM to make it a 3-way match at WM with Bayley vs. Sasha vs. (title holder, preferrably Becky Lynch since Charlotte vs. Rousey is the plan for 'Mania) and then have Bayley go over at WM. That'd be an awesome meaningful quest, but instead we get this shitty 6 way tag team. Way to go.

Battle Royal, Womans: Seriously? Nothing you can do with the likes of Asuka, Nia, Carmella, and so on, so you just throw them in a battle royal? Kinda a disgrace to woman's wrestling there.

Then you have the random title matches from NXT with the Kairi sane match, MAe Young finals, and NXT UK Womans. Ok, those should be fine/good/great matches, but they don't have a ton of meaning to the average viewer. I won't complain too much on these since they are going to be GG's. 

What's others thoughts on Evo?

The good: Becky Lynch and Charlotte had an absolutely amazing match. Kairi Sane's match was also very good.

The bad: Rousey's match sucked, I mean, it wasn't awful, but here we are again with the same Lesnar-type mentality. Find a star (Rousey) and put her in these quick and easy squash style main events where the opponent is manufactured and has no chance at winning. It's the same method each time: Star beats up opponent, opponent finds a way to cheat back, star overcomes and wins easy in a sub 10 minute match or so. 

Overall, a decent PPV in WWE Evolution, but it should have been spectacular. It's quite lame how WWE just wanted to make up for the woman's wrestlers not going to the Saudi event, so they decide to do this half-ass. The girls gave it a lot of effort tho, so props. 

WWE is a pity of stale BS and it stems from their pushing of immortals such as Lesnar, Reigns, and now Rousey. 

Lesnar destroyed anything in his path. He was allowed to do things and say things that others weren't, thus making his storylines and matches feel so much more important, but when it came to his matches he was booked like a machine, squashing opponents in sub 10 minutes.

Same thing will happen with Rousey, although I give her some more credit for reasons I won't get into.

The main point of this post is this: When was the last time the WWE had a NON-TITLE feud that actually elevated both superstars and featured great, creative matches? 

Right now, the only thing going on in WWE is a fight for the titles and the titles feel meaningless because of the way they are handled so everything feels stale. Where has the personal matches gone?  

2 hours ago, fathom said:

what a horrible show

It was an embarrassing show lol.  Truly unreal how they booked that crap.

59 minutes ago, Brian said:

I only read what happened and outside of Brock winning, it sounds pretty bad by the results. 

I did enjoy the gif of HBK knocking of Kane's wig though.

Pretty sure HHH hurt his ribs or shoulder because both of his pedigree's were terrible.  First half of the show was blah, second half was beyond awful

So, Riddle me this one, just following the results:

They give the tag titles to Ambrose/Rollins, but then use that moment to turn Ambrose heel, and then have Rollins lose the titles 2on1 to AOP 2 weeks later. 

I mean, what did this accomplish in relation to the tag titles? They were thrown around like hot potato's, AOP looks kinda weak beating Rollins 2on1 for them (albeit, they are a monster heel team), and the whole reason for Ambrose/Rollins winning them seems silly.

Why not just have Ambrose turn on Rollins before the match is over, have Dolph/Drew retain the titles, then have Dolph/Drew face AOP in some battles that make both teams stronger and the tag titles more meaningful? Oh, wait.. this is WWE, uneducated television.

Just by looking at these results this shit is mind-numbing. If they were going to win the titles and turn Ambrose heel, the least you could do is have a plan moving forward like some sort of tournament or some replacement partner for Rollins or some further storyline progression with the belts. Vince doesn't give a shit about the tag titles (as he's been reported on), but this is just weak. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Becky Lynch stuff this week was simply phenomenal. 

Becky Lynch vs. Rousey was setting up to be a fantastic event...

.. until Nia decked Lynch and the match had to be cancelled. 

Now WWE sends us Charlotte vs. Rousey and is wasting that big match on a 6 day notice. Boo. 

In SD news, WTF are they doing with turning DB heel and having him go over WWE champ AJ styles in a makeshift match 6 days before Survivor Series after AJ held the title for 371 days? 

I mean, I can't say that shit isn't exciting and interesting, but WTF WWE... DB should not be a heel (he's a natural babyface in a company void of them), and AJ should not have lost his 371 day reign on a random show of Smackdown with no hype to it. 

14 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Nia Jax sucks.  

Becky has been amazing and this is her best work yet.

Nia is brutal but could be a blessing in disguise because moving Becky v Ronda to WrestleMania is huge...if they go that way and they should now.

Survivor Series tonight, I'll be watching it as the first wrestling event I've watched since Wrestlemania time. I'm not expecting much of anything and nothing at all is very exciting for me.. but I'll have ti on in the background while I get some time to play Fortnite.

The match I'm most looking forward to, and the only match that tickles my fancy a bit is Charlotte vs. Rousey. The bummer is that this should have had a wonderful build up, but obviously the whole ordeal with Lynch/Nia screwed that up. 

Lesnar matches fucking blow and the whole Bryan heel turn on a random smackdown sucks also. I'll still keep my eyes peeled on that one.

WWE doesn't do survivor series style matches well anymore... the wrestling is usually ok, but I'm guessing the girls match up will start strong and then have like 3-4 pin falls in a 2 minute time interval per usual. Super weak-sauce. 

The title vs. title idea is not really appealing to me as well. I don't have a reason to care about these matches storyline wise. Rollins vs. Nakamura might be a cool match up, but there's 0 storyline so it hurts the value of the match.

I'm sick of seeing Shane in the main spots. There's so much talent and they end up having Shane o mac come around every now and then to steal spotlight. 

Super-fucking-sick of them disrespecting Bayley and Sasha Banks, two of the best women wrestlers on the roster. Seriously, fuck off with Tamina, Nia, Mickie, Natayla, and Ruby. They can't hold a candle to Sasha + Bayley. They are ruining the careers of these two women. Sasha and Bayley should be to the women's division of what Macho Man Randy Savage and HBK where to the men's divisions. They are talented and beloved by the fans yet they haven't had a meaningful match up in AGES and instead we are stuck with two talentless hacks in Tamina and Nia hogging up the spotlight. 

Does anyone at all care about hte Tag team Survivor series match up? Didn't think so. Dull.

Needless to say, WWE has not been delivering lately and just about everything they've touched has failed creative wise. The one good thing going for them was Lynch and now she is shelved. I'm expecting a failure of an event. 

Tag Team 5on5 is up now and wow, how horrid is this. Vince has destroyed Tag Team wrestling. There are so many talented teams here but it's just a joke.

P.S. how the fuck can creative consistently do so poorly with NXT call ups? Look where Nakamura, Roode, Sanity, AOP, Bayley are. Sure AOP are Tag champs now, but are they really a factor in this awful division? No. Sure Naka is US champ, but he's been a nonfactor since the AJ Styles series. 

Lesnar finally tried and pulled off a pretty good match... always salty when auto-Lesnar wins, but D-Bry made it an incredible match. 

Charlotte turning heel on Ronda sets up many possibilities but I can't help but feel like Ffs why? with the flipping of heels/faces in this company. 

All other shit on PPV sucked... I mean the cruiserweight match was brilliant, but who cares... and rollins/naka was nice, but again who cares. Traditional SS matches blew. 

Watching Becky vs. Charlotte WWE Evolution.

It's truly crazy how heels/faces are reacted by the fans these days. We saw this with Charlotte vs. Rousey last night when the LA crowd trashed Rousey and cheered a clear heel Charlotte towards the end. Even saying "Thank you Charlotte" after the beatdown.

I feel this is a failure on WWE Creative with their flip-flopping of heels/faces and most importantly NOT letting faces be 'cool' and badass. Finn Balor is a face that works, but for the most part, there isn't any cool faces in the WWE... and when there is? They turn them heel... Zayn, Bryan, Lynch come to mind. 

It's astonishing to me how I've been posting about these types of things for 2-3 + years in this thread, and every time they do something I suggest... it rocks (Lynch being super pushed for instance) and every time I critique something it's so obvious and broken, yet they continue to make fuck ups (Reigns super push, Lesnar matches, etc).

They should just hire me as CEO. 

On 11/19/2018 at 4:19 PM, GGajewski18 said:

Supposedly Chicago gets Survivor Series next year.  That also means we get War Games.  I'll be going to that and not watching Survivor Series as it is my least favorite PPV

It'll be the first big Friday-Monday 4 day stretch they do in one city, so that should be pretty cool. I'm going to the Royal Rumble as part of my honeymoon and I'll go to Survivor Series now that it's in Chicago.. I'm a little tempted to add day trips to Wrestlemania and SummerSlam to my plans and go to all of the big four in one calendar year.

33 minutes ago, ChrisLikesBaseball said:

It'll be the first big Friday-Monday 4 day stretch they do in one city, so that should be pretty cool. I'm going to the Royal Rumble as part of my honeymoon and I'll go to Survivor Series now that it's in Chicago.. I'm a little tempted to add day trips to Wrestlemania and SummerSlam to my plans and go to all of the big four in one calendar year.

Your post confused me at first cuz I was like, "Friday?" but forgot SD will be on Fox Friday this time next year. Ha

On 11/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, iWiN4PreP said:

Survivor Series tonight, I'll be watching it as the first wrestling event I've watched since Wrestlemania time. I'm not expecting much of anything and nothing at all is very exciting for me.. but I'll have ti on in the background while I get some time to play Fortnite.

The match I'm most looking forward to, and the only match that tickles my fancy a bit is Charlotte vs. Rousey. The bummer is that this should have had a wonderful build up, but obviously the whole ordeal with Lynch/Nia screwed that up. 

Lesnar matches fucking blow and the whole Bryan heel turn on a random smackdown sucks also. I'll still keep my eyes peeled on that one.

WWE doesn't do survivor series style matches well anymore... the wrestling is usually ok, but I'm guessing the girls match up will start strong and then have like 3-4 pin falls in a 2 minute time interval per usual. Super weak-sauce

The title vs. title idea is not really appealing to me as well. I don't have a reason to care about these matches storyline wise. Rollins vs. Nakamura might be a cool match up, but there's 0 storyline so it hurts the value of the match.

I'm sick of seeing Shane in the main spots. There's so much talent and they end up having Shane o mac come around every now and then to steal spotlight. 

Super-fucking-sick of them disrespecting Bayley and Sasha Banks, two of the best women wrestlers on the roster. Seriously, fuck off with Tamina, Nia, Mickie, Natayla, and Ruby. They can't hold a candle to Sasha + Bayley. They are ruining the careers of these two women. Sasha and Bayley should be to the women's division of what Macho Man Randy Savage and HBK where to the men's divisions. They are talented and beloved by the fans yet they haven't had a meaningful match up in AGES and instead we are stuck with two talentless hacks in Tamina and Nia hogging up the spotlight. 

Does anyone at all care about hte Tag team Survivor series match up? Didn't think so. Dull.

Needless to say, WWE has not been delivering lately and just about everything they've touched has failed creative wise. The one good thing going for them was Lynch and now she is shelved. I'm expecting a failure of an event. 

And yet he continues to watch

• Like 1

And your posts are typically the length of novel and do nothing except bash the WWE...and yet again, you continue to watch and continue to trash it.

If I genuinely thought that a TV show or a team completed sucked and "failed" repeatedly and was "super weak sauce" for months on end, I'd stop watching.

Your time must be extremely valuable.

Edited by soxfan49
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

And your posts are typically the length of novel and do nothing except bash the WWE...and yet again, you continue to watch and continue to trash it.

If I genuinely thought that a TV show or a team completed sucked and "failed" repeatedly and was "super weak sauce" for months on end, I'd stop watching.

Your time must be extremely valuable.

You’d think he’d be grateful someone finally responded to him. Ha