**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

First Raw of 2019 opens with Rollins and Lashley fighting backstage in a massive brawl. Overall it was pretty weak looking with no weapons used just the soft punches. They really need to add weapons in that situation. However, i'll commend them for opening up with something different. Nice job.

John Cena speaks and Drew McYintyre interupts, good promo by Cena, decent promo by Drew. Lashley interupts them. My problem with this is that Lashley and Drew are so boring. I'm a fan of Drew, but man, they need to book him in a very particular dominating way and his latest month with Finn and Dolph getting over him hasn't helped Drew.

This leads to a 6 man tag match between Cena/Rollins/Finn vs Drew/Lashley/Ambrose

Holy shit that's a bad 6-man set up. This type of shit kills the 'heat' between Ambrose/Rollins. IT makes all 6 of the individuals look bad. I don't know why they think these 6 man matches are good for the show. This is the same shit they've done for the past 5 years.. it's boring produces little to no real canon (storyline) material.

Wow what an awful promo between Brock and Braun. That was horrid.

Brock vs. Braun was a match I could have saw main event WM a year ago or something... but after Braun has lost and got owned by Brock so many times now, I couldn't care less.

The two segments on tonights Raw that needed to deliver both universally failed.

1) Lesnar and Strowman's confrontation lead to Strowman looking like an idiot and Lesnar looking lazy. Neither superstar benefited from this.

2) The moment of bliss segment was short and useless. Ronda had sub 3 lines of talking and random-out-of-nowhere proclaimed Sasha Banks as the best woman on the roster over Charlotte and Becky. Absolute nonsense there. Love seeing Banks pushed, but CONSISTENCY PLZ I BEG THEE. This led to a nia jax vs banks match to see who fights Ronda? At this point we are just feeding souls to Ronda to devour to keep her over until Wrestlemania.

Faill

Gotta go on record as saying Finn Balor is one of the most likeable dudes in the WWE. He's smile and entrance and actions all are greatness.

Sure he's quite small in the ring, but he's a pretty good performer. I think will see a big push for him in 2019 at some point. 

As I go to more house shows, the more I appreciate these guys and what they do than the WWE.  I've been to All In, AAW, Warrior Wrestling.  Guys like Pentagon, Ray Fenix, Sammy Guevara, Brian Cage, Tessa Blanchard (who I got to say F U to me lol), Kylie Rae are just as good as anyone in the WWE.  And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

7 hours ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Not a fan of Finn myself. Cool entrance, and that's about it.

Is it because he's 'boring' or due to size?

If it's because he's boring I'd contend that his booking is the problem. 

The guy has a natural babyface flare and is super cool, however he hasn't been in ANY serious storyline since his call up and immediate title match. He'd be a ton more interesting with something going for him, however this is WWE... they have no fucking clue on how to book a babyface. 

Some WM HOPES on the card

UNI-Title: Lesnar vs. AJ Styles 
SD Title: Bryan vs. Cena
Raw W: Lynch vs. Ronda
SD W: Asuka vs. Charlotte part II
IC Title Ladder: Rollins vs. Ambrose

Meh. I don't really know. 

I know we likely WONT get Lesnar vs. Styles, instead will probably get Lesnar vs. Rollins in some shape or form. 
We likely won't get Bryan vs. Cena as Cena was rumored to be in a program with Lars Sullivan of all people... but I wonder then who could face heel Bryan as a face? Can't go with Styles for what would be the 100th time.
Lynch vs Ronda at this point is a long-shot. There is rumors it will be a triple threat of Lynch vs. Ronda vs. Charlotte. Still good, but a 1on1 is always preferred. Not happy with the direction their starting to go now.
Not sure what you do with the Ambrose/Rollins story, that has been butchered now. 

8 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

As I go to more house shows, the more I appreciate these guys and what they do than the WWE.  I've been to All In, AAW, Warrior Wrestling.  Guys like Pentagon, Ray Fenix, Sammy Guevara, Brian Cage, Tessa Blanchard (who I got to say F U to me lol), Kylie Rae are just as good as anyone in the WWE.  And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Tessa will be in E eventually for sure.

Some notes:

ON LARS SULLIVAN: What the hell is WWE thinking here? Does *anyone* have faith in Lars? Let's put some details here: Lars was/is supposed to receive a HUGE push. He's been in commercials for a while now and was reportedly supposed to debut on Raw last week and start a big push towards wrestlemania in a match against John friggin' Cena. 

Every-single-person I've talked with does not really like Lars as the wrestler. 

But it gets worse! Lars reportedly had an anxiety attack and completely no-showed last weeks raw. 

This seems to be a push from HHH and Vince is now giving him heat due to this.

I don't have any idea what their thinking with Lars, do you? I see him as a small asset to the company and if used right could have a career, but to get a rocket push to face John Cena at Wrestlemania??? Come on... There's a list of 50 superstars I'd rather see face Cena at WM over dull-Lars.

We need better gimmicks and more interesting characters, not more stereotypical huge monsters. 

In other news I kinda like the Shane and Miz storyline. Miz has cemented himself as a true character in WWE and is pretty amazing at what he does. 

Smackdown continues to deliver while Raw continues to go to absolute hell. It's truly night and day here. 

Edited by iWiN4PreP

WWE Raw with all of its terrible booking decisions in the past few years finally had a damn good Raw.

I mean, it took a Braun Strowman injury (I assume that's why he's being replaced) and a completely fucking random push to Sasha Banks for things to get moving, but the entire night was filled with storyline development, twists and turns, and some added freshness with new faces. Additionally, there was critical moments like Lashley winning the IC Title and Finn getting a shot at Brock after overcoming the odds.

Finn, in particular, was booked extremely well. He was made to look weak where no one respected him in the early going, but used his natural baby face tendencies to win his qualifying match against Jinder who called him out, and then go on to win the fatal four way.

Of course, this just means he will be fed to Brock, but still, in this day and age that's about as nice of a spot as you can be in on Raw, unfortunately.

The Ronda/Banks developments were good, although tarnished by the fact that Banks has been toiling away behind the scenes for over a year now.

The Women's Tag Title announcement was finally made for Elimination Chamber.

Overall, dare I say it was finally an exciting event and while there is of course plot holes -- it was a great attempt at coherent storyline writing. Please, more of this.

One caveat I'll add is what the fuck are they doing with Ambrose. I don't necessarily have a problem with him losing his title tonight, but they've really put water on the fire that was the shield. Rollins is weaker due to the feud and so is Ambrose.

Smackdown was enjoyable per usual.

As much as I hate the McMahons being on TV, Miz is the fucking coolest thing ever -- the angle with Shane and Miz is actually working well and has been booked quite nicely.

I know it will likely result in Miz turning on Shane or something for a Wrestlemania match of sorts, but I'm digging it right now.

AJ and Bryan aren't getting a lot of time on camera, likely due to the past few months of feuding, so I think that's a good thing.

Lynch is always great.

Here's a question: If you were booking Raw, who would you have as WWE champion now? It can be anyone on the Raw roster currently or potentially a NXT call up?

I'm struggling to find an answer.

Reigns and Lesnar = Hell no. They've killed the title picture on Raw.

Rollins might be the best option. McIntyre seems like a decent option (but has fallen off in recent weeks, especially with the fans -- fans don't seem to care about him).

Ambrose maybe. I actually like his heel work, but fans/other smarks have been shitting on it.

I don't see any reasonable candidates from NXT.

Braun Strowman perhaps, but as we saw - he's been owned so much by Lesnar that it just isn't credible at this point and I think the fans have since sailed beyond the Strowman ship. He will need some time to repair.

Finn Balor has not been built up properly to be the champ.

So, by default, I'd go with Rollins in some shape or form!