**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread VI**

Anywho, I had a blast being there.  Few complaints: 

Dont get why they made Becky tap and the women’s rumble should have absolutely Main Evented if she was gonna win.  Still, popped hard for all her stuff in the rumble.

Seth was the obvious choice to win the men’s there’s really no debate there.

Excited for the fall outs tonight and tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Anywho, I had a blast being there.  Few complaints: 

Dont get why they made Becky tap and the women’s rumble should have absolutely Main Evented if she was gonna win.  Still, popped hard for all her stuff in the rumble.

Seth was the obvious choice to win the men’s there’s really no debate there.

Excited for the fall outs tonight and tomorrow.

How weird was it with the dugout entrances?  Also hope you didn’t get blinded by the light shining.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

How weird was it with the dugout entrances?  Also hope you didn’t get blinded by the light shining.

We were down the 3rd baseline so couldn’t really see the entrances.  And that light was a nuisance ha.  Bothered my friends a lot more than me though, I was able to deal with it ok.

If I could’ve picked my seat again, I would not choose field. Only saw in ring. Nothing outside or entrance wise. At least nobody was in front of me so I could stretch when needed.

it was cool to see the Rumbles live but I had trouble following some. Missed Lacey and Iconics eliminations but other spots. Have to rewatch when I get back

Edited by Brian

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Anyone watch kickoff explain why Glorious faced Dawson/half of AOP?

That Drake Maverick manager guy was meeting with Mr McMahon and with 1/2 of AOP out injured he made a 'deal' that if 1/2 of AOP + 1/2 of Revival beat Glorious, then AOP and Revival will recieve future tag team championship matches.

They lost.

So, seems like a quick make shift plan to get those guys on the card since they had the down time early. 

39 minutes ago, fathom said:

What devastating news to hear that Ambrose is leaving. If Renee goes also, I’m not sure how I will ever be able to watch WWE again.  It will be hard to replace consistently bad matches on the upper-card and the “oh” coming from the announce team.

Wow, that's kind of shocking and admirable. Dean is a guy that WWE made famous, gave him tons of opportunities (although with the WWE's shit booking) and I'm sure he was paid well.

Seems like he didn't like what creative was doing (obviously I don't blame him), perhaps this means he's headed to AEW. I'm lukewarm on both Dean and Rollins as they have unquestioned talent, but seem to suffer from always being in the spotlight/behind Reigns for years/and bad booking. 

Poor Dean couldn't be crazy Dean in the WWE and his character suffered the most of the three.

5 hours ago, fathom said:

What devastating news to hear that Ambrose is leaving. If Renee goes also, I’m not sure how I will ever be able to watch WWE again.  It will be hard to replace consistently bad matches on the upper-card and the “oh” coming from the announce team.

I really soured on Dean when the put the belt on him a couple of years ago. He can do good heel promos but when the bell rings I just check out. He fit in with the Shield but as a singles guy, blah.

Sucks cuz when rehabbing, he got into great shape but just nothing interesting to me.

Renee is easy to tune out on Raw. Wish they would just ditch the 3 person booth. she's so good as an interviewer and on the kickoff desk where she could flow.

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

R truth knocking off Rusev and Nakamura back to back is pretty great

That was fantastic.  I was geeking out.

11 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Bryan is such an incredible heel. What a promo.

The promo was great.  I just don't get this gimmick.  It's blah to me, but DB is making it work because he's fricken great.  

By the way, Joe's promo as he walked down the ramp was amazing.  I was laughing so hard.

40 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:
52 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

The promo was great.  I just don't get this gimmick.  It's blah to me, but DB is making it work because he's fricken great.  

By the way, Joe's promo as he walked down the ramp was amazing.  I was laughing so hard.

As a vegan and environmental extremist, I think his gimmick is awesome. I get so much hate from people often for no reason that it just screams heel heat. 

It would be 100x better if his matches with AJ Styles were actually worthwhile and not total DUDS. I can't believe how far AJ Styles has fallen off. He used to be able to get a 4-5* match out of just about anyone (including Reigns, Cena, Shane)... now he can't get a 3* match out of Bryan, Naka, or Joe. 

I'm not saying all of his matches are garbage, but it's the expectations dilemma. I look forward to his matches constantly as dream matches, but often they are mediocre at best and at worst straight garbage like Naka vs. AJ at WM and Bryan vs. AJ at RR. 

As a smark who dreams of these matches coming to fruition on the big time events, I'm deeply let down by him. 

As for the Elimination Chamber event... we have a 6-pack WWE Championship match with Daniel Bryan, Mustafa Ali, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, and Randy Orton.

Smackdown is doing great and I really enjoy just about every smackdown I watch now... but my God, they have some serious useless shit at the top. I couldn't care less about Hardy or Orton. Mustafa Ali has no business here. AJ gets every chance in the world even when he blows. Samoa Joe is interesting but they've hurt him.

11 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

As a vegan and environmental extremist, I think his gimmick is awesome. I get so much hate from people often for no reason that it just screams heel heat. 

It would be 100x better if his matches with AJ Styles were actually worthwhile and not total DUDS. I can't believe how far AJ Styles has fallen off. He used to be able to get a 4-5* match out of just about anyone (including Reigns, Cena, Shane)... now he can't get a 3* match out of Bryan, Naka, or Joe. 

I'm not saying all of his matches are garbage, but it's the expectations dilemma. I look forward to his matches constantly as dream matches, but often they are mediocre at best and at worst straight garbage like Naka vs. AJ at WM and Bryan vs. AJ at RR. 

As a smark who dreams of these matches coming to fruition on the big time events, I'm deeply let down by him. 

As for the Elimination Chamber event... we have a 6-pack WWE Championship match with Daniel Bryan, Mustafa Ali, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, and Randy Orton.

Smackdown is doing great and I really enjoy just about every smackdown I watch now... but my God, they have some serious useless shit at the top. I couldn't care less about Hardy or Orton. Mustafa Ali has no business here. AJ gets every chance in the world even when he blows. Samoa Joe is interesting but they've hurt him.

Completely agree outside of one part.  Hardy and Orton are blah and have no business to be in the match.  I love the push of Mustafa.  Dude is electric in the ring, just needs to enhance his character a bit.  And Joe definitely deserves to win this I think but you're right, they have hurt him.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I'm already a big fan of Otis Dozovic from heavy machinery. I loved his entrance last night. 

Yup -- Heavy Machinery has made me a big fan of them in their matches and antics. They are characters.. something that is truly lacking on the men's side of things. 

They also have some very innovative tag team mechanics. 

So who's everybodies favorite wrestlers currently? 

1. Bayley - Always my #1. Love her character and moveset, think she is a great wrestler and the absolute perfect babyface.

2. Becky Lynch - How can it not? 

3. Sasha Banks - Would like her more as a heel, but she still has the most swag of any wrestler. 

4. Daniel Bryan - Love his current character and obviously good in the ring, wish he had some better matches in the past few months tho. 

5. Tie: Charlotte/Asuka - Both amazing wrestlers and great characters, Charlotte has taken a back seat towards Becky for the most part and has become a weird heel/face which I'm not a huge fan of, but she's the best ever as far as women wrestling goes. Asuka is simply phenomenal in the ring. 

6. Velveteen Dream

7. The Miz

8. Adrade Cien Almas

9 Elias

10 Alexa Bliss 

11 Pete Dunne

So that makes it 5 girls to 1 guy in my top "5". Step up your game gentleman. 

Recently off my list or just-missed: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn (both injured), AJ Styles (hasn't produced), Finn Balor (Just missed, he hasn't had a real storyline since he's come back from injury on WWE, all of his storylines are just to get by), Bobby Roode (needs heel turn desperately, his face run is dull), Nakamura (self-explanatory)